If you’re a busy entrepreneur, chances are you don’t have a lot of time for date night. But just because you’re busy doesn’t mean you can’t find time for a romantic evening with your wife. With a little planning and creativity, you can make date night a regular part of your schedule. Here are 10 date night ideas for busy entrepreneurs that can help your work-life balance:
1. Plan a picnic dinner. Grab a blanket and some food from your favorite restaurant and head to the park for a romantic picnic dinner. You can even bring along a bottle of wine or champagne to make it extra special.
2. Cook dinner together. Instead of going out to eat, spend an evening in the kitchen cooking together. You can take turns preparing dishes or work on one big meal that you can enjoy together. Don’t forget the candles and soft music to set the mood.
3. Get tickets to a show or concert. If you’re both into live music, get tickets to see your favorite band or artist perform. This is a great way to spend an evening together without having to worry about cooking or cleaning up afterward.
4. Go on a weekend getaway. If you can swing it, take advantage of the flexibility of your entrepreneurship and plan a spontaneous weekend getaway for just the two of you. Whether it’s a trip to the beach or the mountains, getting away from it all will help you relax and rejuvenate.
5. Have a game night. If you’re not in the mood to go out, spend an evening at home playing your favorite board games or card games. You can even make it into a competition with prizes for the winner. This is a fun way to spend some quality time together without having to leave the house.
6. Get active together. One of the best ways to spend quality time together is to get active. Take a dance class, go for a hike, or play a sport together. Not only will you get some exercise, but you’ll also have fun and bond with your wife.
7. Make it a couples’ night. Sometimes the best date nights are spent with friends. Plan a couples’ night out. Go to a comedy club, grab drinks at a new bar, or hit up the latest restaurant in town.
8. Have a staycation. If you can’t get away for an exotic vacation, don’t worry—a staycation can be just as fun (and relaxing). Book a room at a local hotel, order room service, and spend the day (or weekend) in bed together.
9. Indulge in some retail therapy. Shopping may not seem like a romantic date, but it can be if you do it right. Make it into a game by setting a budget and seeing who can find the best deals on clothes, shoes, or whatever else you’re in the market for.
10. Get out of your comfort zone. Trying new things is one of the best ways to spice up your relationship—and life in general. So why not use date night as an opportunity to try something new? Take a cooking class, go rock climbing, or visit an escape room—whatever sounds fun and exciting to you!
Date night is important for any relationship, but it can be especially hard to find time for it when you’re running your own business. With a little planning and creativity, though, you can make date night part of your regular routine. Try one of these ten date night ideas for busy entrepreneurs and see how much fun you can have while spending quality time with your wife.
Comment with your favorite date night activity.
You may also like: Wife-approved activities: How to live fully at work and at home