Dr. Sherry Phelan is a High Performance Coach. For over 25 years, she has coached business owners, teams and those who face setbacks and challenges to use adversity and even disappointment as a catalyst to higher levels of success.
Her trademark is Turnaround Thinking™. It’s a mental reset button she pushes daily, herself, to improve relationships, health, happiness and success. It can work for you, too.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google, or listen here:
- Sherry is a high performance coach.
- She has been studying thinking since she was 11 years old.
- She has a concept called Turnaround Thinking™.
- Her thinking is how she got out of struggles in life.
- It is about creating a mental reset button.
- Stop and realize you are feeling a certain way and take a step back and think about it.
- To get the mental reset into your life you need to notice you don’t want to feel the way you do after a certain situation.
- Steps to have Turnaround Thinking™ in your life.
- You have to be able to catch when you are going into a negative mindset.
- Snap to the future and identify what you want to be happening instead.
- Learn from what happens so it doesn’t keep happening,
- Learn from every interaction.
- Put new actions into place.
- Email is the place to take care of logistics but relationships have to take place voice to voice (over the phone) or bellybutton to bellybutton (in person).
- Step back after an interaction and think about your feelings and ask:
- What is the future going to bring?
- How can I interject to make it a better interaction in the future?
- Learn to become aware of your thinking.
- Responsibility is the ability to respond and the ability to create something new.
- “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedom—-to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” – Viktor Frankl, Man’s Search for Meaning
- Sherry loves to draw words.
- It is a chance to step back and reflect on that given word.
- This is a way to also catch what you are thinking
- Think about that word and ask “What can I share with others to be able to do that?”
- We have to have the willingness to catch and change our thinking
- “Become our own instrument.”-Quote from graduate school
- How to implement Turnaround Thinking™:
- Journaling-The Artist’s Way Starter Kit
- Go for a walk and take a notepad
- Take a couple of minutes to write down your thoughts
- Make it an intention to reset the button and bring a new perspective
- The difference it makes:
- People have impacted their lives.
- Action follows thinking.
- Living a purposeful life.
Sherry Phelan’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life. Action follows feeling and feeling follows thinking. You have to become aware of your thinking, which will create a better feeling in your life. The better feeling will change your actions.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? Listening to podcasts and books to learn. As well as working out with weights or going for a walk. Also, laughing and eating healthy.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life. The one-on-one connections with people and seeing how it can be applied to different parts of your life.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it. Steve Chandler’s Books
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world. The body of work called Turnaround Thinking™ as well as her books.
Piece of guidance
“Make good friends with yourself and notice your thinking.”