Ep: 021 Josh Turner
Josh Turner is a Wall Street Journal bestselling author, and the Founder & CEO of LinkedSelling, a marketing coaching, consulting & training firm that has been name #252 on the Inc 5000 list, the past two years in a row. He is widely considered as a worldwide leading authority in using LinkedIn to generate leads, appointments and Clients.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or listen here:
- Josh Turner started his company back in 2010.
- He was a CFO of a construction and manufacturing company that ended up closing their doors.
- Josh took a chance and did his own thing after the company closed.
- The business started out with him being an outsource CFO.
- His first client came through LinkedIn.
- Josh found that he needed to get in front of the right people and they were on LinkedIn.
- He did what anyone else would and started hammering in on LinkedIn.
- He ended up getting a few more clients to grow his business to a 6 figure run rate within just 12 months.
- One of his clients asked him if what he was doing on LinkedIn would be good for their business as well.
- This is when he mapped out a strategy for them.
- They asked him if he could just do it for them, thus starting what is now Linked Selling.
- In fall of 2011 they hired him and shortly after that, he landed a massive client.
- The habits that have led to his success have been:
- Mentor to him said, “It is a whole life.” meaning that you can’t just be focused on business, you have to have balance in your life.
- Early on he realized that what was going to make or break him was marketing and sales. This is when he became and expert at marketing and sales.
- What is Linked Selling?
- It is all about putting the relationship first.
- You have to deal with people 1 on 1.
- You need to figure out who the people are that you can best help (80/20 clients)
- Have a clear avatar
- You need to build lasting relationship and not a leg humper
- A leg humper is when you connect with someone and then they message you right away with a sales pitch.
- In Linked Selling they teach a process of building long term relationships with people that value when they hear from you.
- This is called top of mind marketing
- When the company started they just had where they would implement a strategy for you.
- They created a set number of appointments for you each month.
- They eventually realized that a lot of people follow what they do but they are not at the point that they can afford the high end implementation.
- This is when they created a program to allow smaller business owners to implement the system in their business and create more leads on their own without the high expense.
- Now over 12,000 business owners have gone through the program.
- This program works for small businesses to large corporations.
- LinkedIn Groups:
- These can be a very powerful tool for your business
- You can become a leader of a community
- This can help make your prospects see you as the leader.
- Learn about your prospects before you start a group.
- Your prospects might not be looking for information on your product but maybe in an industry that you supply to, and that is what you should focus on.
- How to make your profile stand out?
- Think about what your prospect will see
- Have a professional picture
- Headline: focus on the benefit you can bring to your customer
- Have a personalized script when connecting with people on LinkedIn.
- Your page should be a landing page to direct your prospects where they need to go.
- Think about what your prospect will see
- For more information go to: LinkedUniversity.com
- There you will find a free masterclass workshop
- Cash Flow Roller Coaster in business:
- Most businesses don’t have marketing systems in place that they can rely on.
- Chasing business and then getting busy, then needing to do it all over again.
- Block out time each day for marketing and sales time.
- 87% of businesses struggle with cash flow.
Josh Turner’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Mindset is everything. You have to pay attention to your inputs.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He drops and does pushups and sit-ups. Professionals put in the reps no matter how they are feeling.
The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His mentor that told him to take an hour each week to just plan
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “It’s a whole life” -his mentor
- Recommend a book and share why you love it?
Connect: The Secret LinkedIn Playbook To Generate Leads, Build Relationships, And Dramatically Increase Your Sales
Booked: The digital marketing and social media appointment setting system for anyone looking for a steady stream of leads, appointments, and new clients.
Into the Wild
The Ultimate Sales Machine: Turbocharge Your Business with Relentless Focus on 12 Key Strategies
Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got: 21 Ways You Can Out-Think, Out-Perform, and Out-Earn the Competition
Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business
Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t (Rockefeller Habits 2.0)
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? “My kids can look at the work I have done and see that I have helped a lot of people and affected a lot of lives.”
For more great episodes of the CHARGE Podcast head over to ChargePodcast.com