Liane Davey is a New York Times bestselling author and a frequent contributor to popular publications such as Harvard Business Review and The Atlantic’s Quartz. As the Co-founder of 3COze Inc, she works with executives at leading organizations such as SONY PlayStation, TD Bank, and Amazon.
Liane has served on the executive of the Canadian Society for Industrial/Organizational Psychology and as an evaluator for the APA Psychologically Healthy Workplace Awards. She is currently a member of the Board of Trustees of the Psychology Foundation.
- Liane Davey tells us how conflict can be a good thing.
- She has been passionate about business from a very young age.
- What she was really interested in is how the people inside the business work.
- She has now spent over 25 years researching how people work.
- Sometimes you have to be comfortable being uncomfortable.
- She has become more successful by doing things that made her uncomfortable.
- A lot of small uncomfortable moments make for fewer big uncomfortable moments.
- Conflict is not that big fight that we think about in our head.
- People think of the worst-case scenario.
- It is better for them to tell you directly rather than keeping it in and letting it boil over.
- What are the voices in your head telling you that conflict is a bad thing
- What you need to have:
- Mindset-you shouldn’t mind your own business
- Skillset-how to say it
- If you have too little conflict in an organization, there is a big problem.
- Does your team look like they are all on the family feud?
- Groupthink can add a lot of risk and subtract the innovation of a team.
- Conflict will introduce other stakeholders’ views.
- You First: Inspire Your Team to Grow Up, Get Along, and Get Stuff Done
- Helps any person to improve the communication within your workplace
- In such a rush and we are self-centered
- Driving into what works best for us
- 3 things that you need to do:
- Establish the line of communication.
- Establish a connection (empathy)
- Contribute to a solution
- If you make room for communication and emotion, then you can work through things faster.
- Have a conversation with your team about what the purpose is of this team.
- Everything will suffer if your team cannot work together
- We have millions of neurons in our brain that pick up other people’s emotions.
- This can affect the team in a positive or negative way
- New book coming soon!
- What if that person is self protect and not defensive?
Liane Davey’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life. In every day, in every way. Rule your mindset and don’t let it rule you.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? Don’t wait for the energy to be there. The energy will come after you get started.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life. Her husband whom she met on the first day of grad school. They have combined to create a holistic approach to working with teams.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? Her dad showed her that you have to do what makes you happy in life.
- Recommend a book and share why you love it.
Fermat’s Enigma: The Epic Quest to Solve the World’s Greatest Mathematical Problem
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world. “Conflict is a part of normal healthy relationships and a critical defense against unhealthy ones.”
Get your FREE 7 Days of Charge Program HERE!