Ep: 035 Sarah Hill
Sarah Hill is a 12 time Mid-America Emmy award winning storyteller and technologist. She’s the CEO of StoryUP XR, the makers of Healium which is an anti-anxiety product. Sarah is a 20 year veteran of the interactive media industry. She got into virtual reality trying to find a solution for a group of terminally-ill Veterans who weren’t able to physically travel. Sarah started using augmented reality in 2011 to interact with TV viewers behind the scenes of a newscast.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or listen here:
- Sarah worked for local news stations for more than 20 years.
- She has always been interested in technology.
- In her time in local news she covered veterans a lot.
- With Healium she gets to report on the good.
- Now she is a Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) storyteller.
- The habit that has led to success in Sarah Hill’s life has been prayer.
- Prayer is the world’s greatest wireless connection.
- It creates real change.
- Some veterans are not able to travel to see their memorials due to health. So, through VR and XR they brought the memorials to them.
- To learn more about this project visit: HonorEverywhere.com
- Story Up is an XR company which means that it is an Extended Reality company.
- They offer both VR and AR.
- VR is simply 360 degree video that you see within a headset. You don’t see the real world at all.
- AR you see the real world but there are images superimposed over what you normally see.
- Healium reduces self reported anxiety in some moderate anxiety patients but is not a replacement for medication.
- It is a health and wellness self-awareness tool.
- In the kit you get:
- VR goggles
- A tiny, brain-sensing headband
- This measures your Gamma Asymmetry and Alpha activity.
- They upload new experiences every 60 days.
- Sarah Hill uses it most often at night to calm her brain down after a long day of being an entrepreneur.
- To learn more about Healium go to: TryHealium.com
- Stress causes 60% of all illnesses. Sometimes people might just need a brief break from stress.
- Relaxation rooms are being used all over the world.
- They have been very involved with VR storytelling
- One of their big projects has been the PET Project.
- To hear more about the PET Project go to Giftofmobility.org
- They have been creating VR experiences for brands and organization.
- Healium is a way to get that escape.
- Sarah has many great stories, but a couple that stand out the most are:
- A veteran with anxiety getting his escape with VR.
- A woman in Africa crawling toward you to get help.
- Veterans that could not go see their memorials.
- One veteran was able to raise his arms which his caretaker never thought was possible.
- There have been a series of ups and downs as an entrepreneur.
- All the “Nos” that they get:
- They typically get about 2 a day and she posts them on her fridge.
- They have gotten about 65 no’s in the last 4 months.
- With the “nos” they slather them on and celebrate them then use them as fertilizer to grow “yeses”
- Every “no” comes with data.
- Having faith has been really important and gives you hope in your life.
- They are in the market creation category.
- They are looking to do more on the spiritual side and make it an everyday product.
Sarah Hill’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? You choose how you want to feel. You draw energy form other people.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? Look at pictures and images and draw memories.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? Jesus Christ as well as her family.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “You are not in control. Let Him lead you.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? The Bible & If You Want to Walk on Water, You’ve Got to Get Out of the Boat
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? “Our lives have a purpose and you have value”
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Order your copy of Positive Culture Wins HERE!