Matt Rzepka was born and raised in Houghton Lake, Michigan. He attended Saginaw Valley State University where he played football as an outside linebacker. There he met the love of his life, Amber. They eventually married. During this time, Matt and Amber spent several years working at a CPA firm, but they quickly noticed that the one thing business clients needed most seemed to be missing. Valley Oak was born out of their desire to solve the client’s problems with long term planning and adapting to an ever evolving tax strategy.
Today, Valley Oak has a staff of nine team members and also partners with various local and national advisors to give clients the full service attention they deserve. While he has many admirable accomplishments, it is the combination of Matt’s training and education alongside his practical real world experience that allows him to assist his clients in this forward thinking manner.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or listen here:
Get a FREE CHARGER t-shirt!!
- Matt’s biggest habit is getting up early and getting things done. He uses his time early in the morning to plan and prepare.
- Collaboration is rare and quality collaboration is even more rare.
- For taxes, it is important to find someone who speaks your language and connects the dots to reach your goal.
- Just because someone else is doing something with their taxes doesn’t mean that it’s right for you.
- Confusion overwhelms people, and then they don’t do anything.
- Start saving money and investing it now.
- Delaying is dangerous!
- Run the math to see how much money you will have in the future and what will cost you. It is guaranteed to change.
- Tax laws can help individuals out if they know how to use the tax laws.
- Don’t forget about taxes in retirement.
- You can choose your source of income in retirement which will affect how your taxes are calculated.
- The magic behind taxes happens before they’re done.
- There are three types of investments you can store your money in:
- Pre-Tax Environment (ex: regular IRA or 401K)
- Post-Tax Environment (ex: Roth IRA or Roth 401K)
- Taxable Environment (ex: brokers accounts)
- Having a mix of these three will give you the largest amount of flexibility in retirement.
- To do taxes better you have to know where you’re at.
- Talk to your accountant now.
- Choose where your taxable income hits you to change how it’ll affect you.
- The name of the game is documentation.
- Information is power.
- Find someone who can explain it to you so that you can understand.
Matt Rzepka’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Mindset is critical. Having a positive mindset really gives you a better outlook on the world.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? Break up the monotony of something difficult or boring by taking a walk or distracting yourself for a few minutes.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? Michael Port taught him how to share his information and be a better communicator.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “What do you think it’s going to cost? Double it.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? Tax Free Wealth: How to Build Massive Wealth by Permanently Lowering Your Taxes by Tom Wheelwright
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He hopes to leave a legacy with his kids and show that they can follow in their dad’s footsteps by finding something that they love.
Call 269-492-7220 and ask for Alisha
Order your copy of Positive Culture Wins HERE!