Scott Wintrip is the author of High Velocity Hiring: How to Hire Top Talent in an Instant, named a must-read book by SHRM’s HR Magazine. Over the past 19 years, Scott has led the Wintrip Consulting Group, a global consultancy that has helped more than 22,000 organizations build talent-rich companies that have eliminated their hiring delays forever. For five consecutive years, Staffing Industry Analysts, a Crain Communications company, awarded Scott a place on the “Staffing 100,” a list of the world’s 100 most influential leaders.
He’s also a member of the Million Dollar Consultant Hall of Fame and was inducted into the Staffing 100 Hall of Fame.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or listen here:
Get a FREE CHARGER t-shirt!!
We want your feedback on the CHARGE Podcast. We want to learn what you, our listener, think of the podcast. This will allow us to improve our podcast.
To thank you for sharing your input we will send you a FREE CHARGER t-shirt.
- Scott’s greatest habit is self discipline.
- When we create self discipline in one area of life, we can transfer it to other areas as well.
- Scott teaches a new way of hiring.
- The old way of hiring was to keep a job open till the right person came along to fill it.
- The new way of hiring is to line up talented people and wait for the right job position to open for them.
- When you have the talent you need, you focus on your work and not on trying to get the right people hired.
- Scott’s 6-step process helps people increase the flow of talent, harness that flow, and sustain the flow for when jobs open.
- If you’re seeking a job you should:
- 1. Go look at a bunch of different jobs.
- 2. Create experiences.
- A traditional interview consists of three components; tell, sell, and swell.
- Most traditional interviews are promise based.
- Scott suggests creating an experience out of your interview so you can see and hear what your job will be like.
- Too many companies do not stand out because they’re not good at bragging. They must get better at:
- 1. Sharing why people want to work for them.
- 2. Sharing why people want to work for them in the right places.
- There are 8 different streams of talent and not 1 gives you access to all of the talent.
- Last minute advice:
- 1. Pick what your core roles are. Decide to fill your job the moment it becomes open.
- 2. Start lining up talent now. It’s all about when the jobs will be open, not if.
- 3. Learn about the 8 streams of talent. Start leveraging them 1 at a time.
- 4. Start having conversations with people ahead of time.
- 5. Maintain the flow.
Scott Wintrip’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Mindset dictates his daily living. “I can’t think my way into a new way of acting, but I can act my way into a new way of thinking.”
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? Usually when his fuel is low, he’s feeling lonely, so he surrounds himself with people and has different circles of people to reach out to. He says if he’s feeling drained it usually has to do with Hunger, Anger, Loneliness, or Tiredness (HALT).
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His wife, Holly, is his best friend and has helped him much throughout life.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “If you don’t believe in you, nobody will, Scott.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? KNOWN: The handbook for building and unleashing your personal brand in the digital age by Mark W. Schaefer
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He wants to have been able to help businesses hire faster and fill jobs in an instant.
Order your copy of Positive Culture Wins HERE!