Marla Sullivan is a native Texan who studied at Kilgore Junior College, Baylor University, University of Texas at Austin, and Tarleton Central Texas. She is an elementary school principal in Copperas Cove ISD starting her 30th year in public education. Marla is a proud mom of 2 young adults and an even prouder “Amma” to a grandson and granddaughter. Her leisure time passions include cooking, reading, journaling/blogging, music, Boxers, spending time outdoors, and growing succulents. Professionally, her passion is bringing positivity into the world and inspiring others to do the same.
We are enrolling now for our next class beginning in October of 2019.
Get all the details by joining our webinar on August 29, 2019 at 10:00a.m.
- Marla’s biggest habit is journaling and blogging daily.
- It is helpful to get her thoughts down and set her goals and mindset everyday.
- What is your I Am for the day.
- A healthier lifestyle and mindset help bring positivity.
- The principal of a school is the key component in a positive culture.
- They set the tone.
- Outstanding William’s Ledger
- Marla gives out an OWL of the week for the student who makes the biggest difference.
- Marla wanted to give the teachers at her school both roots and wings.
- She has a commitment to grow people.
- She lets people know that if this isn’t the right bus for them, that’s okay.
- Kids feel safe when they are in a positive culture environment.
- Marla’s tips for parents:
- Read to/with your child and ask them questions about the book.
- A consistent routine is important for your child.
- Practice guidance at home.
Marla Sullivan’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Mindset is everything. It’s what drives her and she can control it to set the tone of how she interacts with others.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? She doesn’t drink soda or energy drinks, she exercises daily, and she has an uplifting music playlist.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? Her husband, Barb Moses, Brenda Jean Patrick, and writers have had big impacts on her life.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? The fact that she has the power of choice everyday is huge.
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? Dare to Lead by Brené Brown
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? When students change their lives, they change the world.
Order your copy of Positive Culture Wins HERE!