Ep: 084 Kim Becking
Kim Becking is an engaging, high-energy, fun and impactful motivational keynote speaker, change and leadership expert, success coach and award-winning author who helps organizations and leaders conquer change, boostresilience and build a Momentum Mindset® to accelerate success no matter what.
Kim knows a thing or two about change and challenges through her own experiences in business and life. As an attorney, serial entrepreneur running two successful businesses for over two decades, communications strategist and “recovering” political consultant, Kim has conquered the ever-changing tough worlds of business, government, and politics. She’s also conquered breast cancer and other life challenges.
Kim provides practical tools and strategies to effectively manage change and deal with difficult people, tough conversations, and hard issues. Kim doesn’t want you to just bounce back after change and adversity – she wants you to develop a Momentum Mindset® where you bounce higher, push past limited thinking, get unstuck, and use the change and adversity in life as the fuel needed to propel you forward – faster, further, stronger and better than ever before.
After hearing Kim, you will be ready to take her relatable lessons and practical solutions and put them into immediate action. Kim’s expertise on resilience and thriving in the midst of change has been featured in national media such as People, SELF, The New York Times, USA Today, Good Morning America and Lifetime Television.
Kim resides in Columbia, Missouri with her blended family of five and travels throughout the United States and internationally for conferences, conventions and events.
- Kim’s number one habit is letting go of things she can’t control.
- We have to laser focus on things that we can control and change.
- Kim also has a no button to remind her to only do things that help her.
- We’re all going to have troubles, but we get to choose how we’ll confront our setbacks.
- Love failure. We learn a lot from it.
- Kim made a list of everything she had ever failed at and realized that there was a lesson from every failure.
- Stay positive no matter what.
- Say that you get to and not that you have to.
- Be grateful.
- Kim has an app called Three Good Things to help her stay grateful.
- It’s important to figure out what brings you joy.
- Be intentional in how you spend your time.
- For every negative thought that you have, come up with 3 positive ones.
- Be able to laugh.
- Be vulnerable with your team and they’ll open up to you.
- It can help you all get unstuck.
- Know your team’s whys.
- What’s holding you back?
Kim Becking’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? You have to be honest with yourself and where you’re at. Keep moving forward.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? You have to figure out when you work best. She does what helps her.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? We all have the power inside of us to make an impact.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “Stay true to yourself. There will always be critics.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? Books by Brené Brown
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? Live your 1440. There are 1440 minutes in a day, and she wants to remind people that that’s all they get.
Order your copy of Positive Culture Wins HERE!