Ep: 086 Crissy Butts
Crissy Butts is a Happiness Coach, is a professional speaker and trainer. She teaches organizations how to better Engage, Connect & Thrive in their workplace relationships as well as their relationships at home.
Because happy workers are safer workers, less stressed, and more productive, she consults with leaders who want to improve morale, mental resiliency and foster a culture of positivity in the workplace.
She is the author of You Choose Your Path, creator of The Workplace Power Hour, The Family Power Hour, The Sunshine Strategy Assessment Tool, 21 Day Happiness Challenge and is releasing a new book this summer, “Happier Connected!”
On a personal note, she has lost 4 family members to suicide which fuels the efforts of her work. She and her husband have been married 30 years. They have 5 children, 15 children, a cat & a parakeet and have lived in Alaska and Costa Rica.
- Crissy’s number one habit is knowing who she is and where she came from.
- Everyday is a gift. You don’t want to waste a minute.
- She lived in Alaska for a time and learned about resilience and grew a mindset of gratitude from her experiences there.
- When Crissy’s work got tough she told herself that anyone can run the company, but only she can be the wife to her husband or the mom to her kids.
- Happiness is based off of three things
- The number of close relationships we have.
- The frequency of positive interaction we have within those interactions.
- The sunshine strategy is a simple mental resistance tool.
- You want to ask yourself what your happiness level is from 1-10.
- The you want to write where you want your happiness level to be.
- Next, you want to draw a smiley face and turn it into a sunshine.
- On each sunbeam, write a person who you care about.
- Finally, reach out to each individual you listed and take the time to really connect with them.
Crissy Butts’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Mindset is huge. We have to have value for ourselves. It affects our relationships.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? She is constantly surrounding herself with good and positive things. She prays when she needs to think and collect herself.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? Her connection with God has really impacted her.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “Don’t hide your light under a bushel. Let it shine”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? Trailing Clouds of Glory by Harold A. Widdison
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? She wants to reduce depression to elevate happiness and strengthen relationships thus creating happier, safer workplaces.
Order your copy of Positive Culture Wins HERE!