Thomas Frey is currently Google’s top-rated futurist speaker and IBM’s most award-winning engineer. As Founder and Executive Director of DaVinci Institute, Thomas has built an extensive following around the world based on his ability to uncover unique insights into the future, and describe the enormous opportunities that lie ahead. Having started seventeen businesses himself and assisting on the development of hundreds more, the understanding he brings to his audiences is a rare blend of reality-based thinking coupled with a clear-headed visualization of the world to come.
Thomas has been featured in thousands of articles for both national and international publications. Each year his talks touch the lives of tens of thousands of people with his unique brand of customized presentations designed specifically around the needs of each and every audience.
- Thomas has become very introspective from spending time alone with his own thoughts. He knows himself.
- Thomas’s number one habit is the overarching desire to accomplish something and do something for the world to see.
- When you have an idea, you have to act on it or kill it. You can’t do nothing.
- We’re a backwards looking society which always looks to the past.
- As a futurist, Thomas turns people around so they aren’t walking backwards into the future.
- We all work together to create the future.
- The visions in our heads of what the future will be like determine our actions today.
- It’s important to look at the future from a lot of different perspectives.
- Situational futurings asks us to look at how a particular problem will affect several different areas of society individually (ex: manufacturing, teaching, management, etc.).
- We take these little bodies of knowledge and weave them all together to create a bigger pictures.
- Through this process we can create challenges to current assumptions of where things are going to go.
- Thomas predicts that within the next 10 years the largest company on the internet will be an education based company that we have not yet heard of.
- How can you figure out your distraction management?
- Our society is becoming much more fluid.
- Buy Thomas’s books on Amazon!
Thomas Frey’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Mindset affects his daily living dramatically. He tries to think far below the surface.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He calls his friends, goes on bike rides, or goes out and does something that he hasn’t before.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His biggest connection is with the future.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “Never give up.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? WTF?: What’s the Future and Why It’s Up to Us by Tim O’Reilly and The Inevitable by Kevin Kelly
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He’s working on creating a futurist hall of fame and a theme park on future jobs in South Korea.
Order your copy of Positive Culture Wins HERE!