Tim Eggebraaten has been a police officer since 1992 and had many different roles during his career with the Detroit Lakes, MN Police Department – DARE Instructor, Patrol Sergeant, Investigative Sergeant, K-9 Handler, and Chief of Police from 2011 – 2016. Tim retired from the DLPD in November 2016 after 24 ½ years in law enforcement and 3 years as a correctional officer in Clay County, MN. Tim and his wife, Denise, have three sons and make their home in Detroit Lakes.
Like everybody else, Tim faces the challenges of balancing family life with the rigors of the career and trying to keep himself physically, mentally, and spiritually healthy. The emotional roller coaster of police work started to catch up with Tim during his tenure as Chief of Police and it reached a critical point when one of his best friends and partners took his own life on May 13th, 2012.
Tim began talking about his own career path and leadership journey in 2016 and found that talking with others about personal and emotional topics really helped in his own healing process and learned that others can benefit from knowing that they are not alone in their own journey.
Tim will talk (and sing) with your organization about keeping the harmony in our lives and finding that balance so that we can truly be successful in all aspects of our lives. Tim has spent many years performing as a one-man-band and will use the power of music during his presentation to inspire and move your audience.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or listen here:
- Tim always has a song going through his head.
- He likes how music has power and connects us.
- Tim’s number one habit is his choice and attitude.
- We can’t always control the situations around us but we can always control our attitude.
- People might make you feel a certain way, but it’s on you whether you react positively or negatively.
- If you’re looking for the negative, it’s going to be there.
- Make connections.
- There is time for everything.
- What are you making a priority?
- Things can be simple but not be easy.
- It’s good to take a step back and reexamine things.
- There isn’t anything that you can’t get out of.
- Find ways to get rest.
Tim Eggebraaten’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Mindset is everything. He carries a coin with him that helps him remember: I can, I am, I will.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He meditates in the morning. What am I going to do? How is he going to be of use? What am I going to do for someone else today?
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His biggest connection is with his wife. They’ve been through everything together.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “I am, I can, I will.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? His legacy starts with his wife and children. He wants to be known for doing something for someone else.
Order your copy of Positive Culture Wins HERE!