Joe Newberry has spent his career excelling in many different fields including telecommunications, executive management and leadership, and now in finance with Veterans United Home Loans, the number one VA Lender in the Country. Joe’s team is the #1 partnered production VA team in the country closing more than $100 million in VA loans a year with more than 3,000 total Veterans put in homes by his team.
- Purpose comes from digging deep and finding something within yourself for doing what you need to.
- It’s about finding a reason that is bigger than yourself.
- Sometimes your purpose is what’s next.
- In conversations, we’re always thinking about what I can say next.
- Step back and be mindful of what the other person is saying.
- Restate what someone has told you to show that you’re listening.
- Your body is essentially a machine.
- If you’re not operating at top potential, it affects everything.
- Performance will suffer if you don’t set aside time for working on yourself.
- Joe likes going to exercise during the “afternoon lull.”
- Commit to a life change. Don’t do New Year’s resolutions.
- Find out what people in roles that you’re trying to master do to be successful.
- Talk to them!
- People are usually willing to share their tips and help you out.
- If my best self were asking me if I was operating at my best would I be able to say yes?
- Do you know what the person in front of you would look like?
- How are you trying to get there?
- When challenge happens, instead of immediately reacting, take a few breaths, step back, and ask how you can make the situation positive.
- Tomorrow is not a promise to us.
- Put yourself out there.
- Chase your dream.
- Believe in yourself.
Joe Newberry’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? If you look for the positive, you see positive. If you look for the negative, you see negative.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He imagines what it’d be like to achieve his goals and what emotions he would feel.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? From the business world, Gary has been a big impact on his life.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? It’s amazing how much you can learn when you’re not talking.
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? The Art of Communicating by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He wants to know that he had an impact on people achieving their dreams. He helped people with achieving something that they didn’t think they were capable of.
States needed: Mississippi, Idaho and Vermont