Grant founded OnlineDegree.com with a purpose-driven mission: make college more accessible and affordable for everyone. After graduating college with an overwhelming amount of debt, he was determined to change how students embark on their college education. Grant has spent his entire career working in startups with nearly 15 years of experience and 2 prior exits to a publicly-traded company. He has been a board member and donor to a number of non-profits, an advisor to many publicly traded companies and a guest speaker at seminars and graduate school courses. He graduated with honors from University of California Irvine in Economics.
- Grant’s biggest habit is tied to a letter that hangs above his desk that he wrote to himself before he began his startup.
- The letter provides solace and reminds him of his optimism.
- When he looks at his tasks, he asks if what he’s doing is valuable enough to be away from his children right now.
- Being an entrepreneur is scary.
- Grant had the idea for his startup when he had a near-death encounter.
- It led to an introspective period where he asked what he wanted to do with his life.
- We have to be able to create smaller, bite-sized opportunities for people to upskill.
- COVID has accelerated trends that were already happening in the marketplace and the education system.
- Jobs are becoming more competitive in the US.
- Grant’s organization helps people gain a cheaper higher education.
- Prepared, better students benefit universities.
Grant Aldrich’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Any mindset you have must be tailored to your own perceived shortcomings.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He does breathing exercises and meditation to focus. He is happy about his work.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His wife.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “The only true wisdom is that you know nothing.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He wants to have lived every day his way and lived the life he wanted to live.