Rick proudly serves as the CEO of CH&M. CH&M is a family of businesses with a focus on PEOPLE over PROFITS. All too often, companies have neglected to see the synergies of a healthy work-life balance. An overworked, unappreciated employee brings that home with him/her, putting stress on important personal relationships. However, employees that are treated with the decency and respect they deserve will become better husbands, fathers, wives, mothers, friends, and neighbors. Rick believes that if a company focuses on the well-being of its people, the profits needed to fund or grow the business will happen through the dedication and love of its employees. Therefore, he is proud to say that all the companies under the CH&M umbrella are faith-based, family-focused companies centered around compassion for others, leadership over management, and zeal to see all employees fulfill their personal, professional, and spiritual potential.
- Rick’s most important habit is his love for lists.
- He creates lists of what he needs to accomplish every day.
- Work sets the mood for employees for the rest of the day.
- It is important to focus on their home life.
- No one likes to work for a manager, but people love to follow a leader.
- If you focus on the people, the profits will come.
- You have to have your employees wanting to perform.
- Every Friday, Rick’s company focuses on positive messages surrounding home life, economics, and other areas for employees.
- They discuss videos, tutorials, and advice as a family.
- If an employee leaves Rick’s company for the same or lesser of a job, he feels that he failed them.
- If you’re not happy, look inward.
- What can you do to change yourself, change your attitude, and/or change your business?
- Don’t blame others.
Rick Fessler’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? He is centered on seeing value in everyone around him.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He works out and goes through a list of gratitude every morning on his drive to work.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His biggest connections are his church, his God, and his faith.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “Lead from the front.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? All Secure by Tom Satterly
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He wants to have had a positive impact on all the lives around him.