CULTIVATE POSITIVE CULTURE LAUNCH TEAM
Join here: bit.ly/CPCLaunchTeam
Part CEO, part personal development wonk, and part biohacker info geek, Thom King is a self-confessed serial entrepreneur. While his favorite book list contains many success-oriented and personal-development classics, the traditional definition of achieving success (e.g. make a lot of money) is not what inspires or motivates King. He follows more of a “you aren’t doing well unless you’re also doing some good” line of thinking. King’s company has been built around the simple principle of “do the right thing.”
In 1999, Thom’s personal passion for food and his concern over the explosion of metabolic disease led him to found Steviva Brands,
now known as Icon Foods, with a mission to help food manufacturers replace unhealthy sugars in their products with natural options.
With 20 years of R&D work, Thom has helped hundreds of manufacturers improve the quality of their products. In recent years, his passion for food and optimal health have intersected with his embrace of a ketogenic (low carb, high fat) diet.
- Thom’s number one habit is journaling.
- He focuses on what he wants to manifest.
- His entries are like affirmations.
- Set an intention.
- Detail the goal you want.
- Create an action plan and follow it.
- Tweak your action plan based on your everyday results.
- The biggest mistake people make is having an intention without a detailed plan.
- You have to have a bigger why than just making money.
- Thom loves empowering people.
- The CEO works for their employees.
- Thom loves being the catalyst for his employees’ growth.
- Creating drives Thom.
- Sharing and being open helps his team function better.
- Thom’s role model is Dr. Edwards Deming who helped rebuild Japan after WWII.
- He had a philosophy that quality always costs less.
- There is so much sugar in our food because sugar is so cheap.
- Read the label of your food!
- Our sugar produces insulin when it can’t metabolize all the sugar in it.
- Our bodies become insulin resistant when we eat too much sugar, and then it can’t metabolize it.
- Keto is 70% fat, 20% protein, and 10% carbohydrates.
- The biggest risk Thom took was creating inclusions (items like chocolate chips that go in ice cream, cookies, etc.)
- Inclusions are where all the sugar is, so he wanted to create something new.
Thom King’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? It affects it 100%. Journaling is the palette for creating his masterpiece of a day.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He does breathing exercises.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His connection with his mom.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “You are the sum of the five people closest to you.” He chooses carefully the people he lets in his inner circle.
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? The Daily Stoic by Stephen Hanselman and Ryan Holiday
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He wants to have left a legacy of growth, love, kindness, and contribution. He wants to be remembered for these kinds of companies and philosophies.