CULTIVATE POSITIVE CULTURE
Order it here:
Lamar Hunt Jr. has always felt the weight of the responsibility that comes with being born into opportunity. The Hunt family has a long history of entrepreneurship and investment in oil and petroleum, real estate, philanthropy, faith-based education, and, perhaps most famously, in sports.
As the founder of Loretto Companies, Lamar Hunt Jr. has created a vehicle that can help him to use his resources to benefit others. The four Loretto Companies include Loretto Commercial, Loretto Sports Ventures, and Loretto Properties, as well as the Loretto Foundation. Dedicated to helping to build strong families and support communities, the Loretto Foundation is devoted to promoting the intrinsic dignity of all human beings, with a special focus on the poor and those who are underserved by society. Lamar Hunt Jr. believes that strong families come from strong communities and vice versa. The Loretto Foundation is concerned with programs that help to strengthen both while addressing the root causes of poverty and other social ills and promoting physical health, spiritual well-being, social good, emotional wellness, and economic prosperity.
Today, Lamar Hunt Jr. remains active in a variety of charities across Kansas City besides those offered through the Loretto Foundation. He continues to contribute to the Catholic Radio Network, the Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas, and Read Across America, to name a few. He lives with his wife, Rita Mae Hunt, in their home in Leawood, Kansas, where they spend as much time as they can with their nine children and eight grandchildren.
- Lamar’s dad was a generous person.
- You must have purpose with what you do.
- Learning and being in a home are important basics, and having a relationship with God is essential.
- Life is full of complications.
- Some degree of selfishness is okay.
- You have to have a movement toward selflessness and use the skills you learned from being selfish on others.
- Two standards:
- The standard of the world.
- Humility, disgrace, etc. are honors that we should learn to accept.
- Music helped him know God.
- Truth, beauty, and goodness find their way to him through music.
- Classical music engages Lamar.
- Mozart said that ideas came quickly to him when he prayed the rosary.
- It helps them develop a sense of something greater than themself.
- The power of prayer is setting aside time to bring inspiration and might into work.
- Pray over your day. Contemplation before action.
- Help your community. Do little things with great love.
- Lamar’s biggest habit is praying and meditating every morning.
- He also does some form of exercise.
- Put yourself in the presence of the one who is always present.
Lamar Hunt Jr.’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Be awake to your mindset. What you do makes a big difference.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He exercises in some form daily.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “It’s a habit. It’s a good habit. Habits matter.” His dad’s loyalty inspired him. “Seek to understand rather than to be understood.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? A Man for Others by Patricia Treece
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He was a good father.
Check out Lamar’s website at lorettofoundation.com!!
Connect with Lamar:
Gary’s new book is available! You can purchase it at CultivatePositiveCulture.com