CULTIVATE POSITIVE CULTURE
Order it here:
Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann was ordained a priest in 1975. He served as the Archdiocesan Pro-Life Coordinator from 1984 to 1995 and as Vicar General in the Archdiocese of St. Louis before being ordained as Auxiliary Bishop of St. Louis/Titular Bishop of Caput Cilla in 1997. He was appointed Administrator of the Archdiocese of St. Louis in 2003 and became the Archbishop for the Archdiocese of Kansas City in 2005.
Archbishop Naumann currently serves the USCCB as the Chair of the Pro-Life Committee and as a member of the Administrative Committee, Religious Liberty Committee, and the Sub-Committee for the Promotion and Defense of Marriage. Archbishop is also Chair of the Kansas Catholic Conference and Co-Chair of the Religious Alliance Against Pornography. He is on the Board of the National Committee for the Human Life Amendment and Prior of the Northern Lieutenancy Equestrian Order of the Knights and Dames of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem. Archbishop also serves on the Board of Trustees for Kenrick-Glennon Seminary and Conception Seminary.
- As a kid, Joseph had a lot of support.
- His local pastor took him and his brother under his wing.
- He went into a high school seminary.
- He wanted to bring others to know Jesus and love him.
- We need to find places of solitude because prayer is a conversation with God.
- God wants to say something to you.
- Set apart time in your day and leave time for God to speak to the heart.
- The first thing you have to do is listen and learn what’s gone before you.
- An important part of leadership is gaining respect and confidence of those you lead.
- Leaders need to have a bold vision of where things ought to go.
- Take small steps to achieve big things.
- It takes a lot more faith to be an atheist than to believe in God.
- Each human is a reflection of God.
- Give God time and be open.
- Faith and reason are both about pursuing the truth.
- Archbishop Naumann’s biggest habit is giving time and space to God.
- One of the biggest actions Archbishop Naumann takes is prayer.
- He looks at what his day is going to be and what opportunities are going to be to make a positive difference in someone’s life.
- Archbishop Naumann’s biggest life lesson is one of perseverance.
Check out the website at archkck.org!
Connect with Archbishop Joseph Naumann:
Gary’s new book is available! You can purchase it at CultivatePositiveCulture.com