CULTIVATE POSITIVE CULTURE
Order it here:
Perry Marshall is one of the most expensive business strategists in the world. He is endorsed in FORBES and INC Magazine. He’s guided clients like FanDuel and InfusionSoft from startup to hundreds of millions of dollars.
He founded the $10 million Evolution 2.0 Prize, with judges from Harvard, Oxford and MIT. Launched at the Royal Society in London, it’s the world’s largest science research award.
NASA’s Jet Propulsion Labs uses his 80/20 Curve as a productivity tool and his reinvention of the Pareto Principle is published in Harvard Business Review.
Perry’s Google book laid the foundations for the $100 billion Pay Per Click industry, and Ultimate Guide to Google Ads is the world’s best-selling book on internet advertising.
Marketing maverick Dan Kennedy says, “If you don’t know who Perry Marshall is — unforgivable. Perry’s an honest man in a field rife with charlatans.”
Perry has consulted in over 300 industries, has a degree in Electrical Engineering and lives in Chicago.
- Perry built stereo speakers in his shop class in high school.
- He then started selling his speakers so that he could build more.
- Perry started selling his speakers at stores 4 years later.
- He had to learn how to be an entrepreneur.
- Entrepreneurs are artists.
- When you have to get it right the first time, it’s important to get everything right mentally.
- Being good at engineering is making sure it comes out right.
- Where words are many, transgression is inevitable.
- Perry starts everyday with pen, paper, and a cup of coffee.
- It’s the most important thing he does.
- Perry prays, listens, meditates, practices gratitude, plans, thinks, and takes space.
- Most people have been conditioned since childhood to look busy.
- The worst way to start the day is by doom scrolling on social media.
- It’s disempowering. You feel you can’t do anything.
- If you delete social media apps off your phone you’ll have so much more time.
- The only way to think is to have space to think.
- You can’t do it when you’re running around looking busy.
- You have to create renaissance time for yourself.
- Make your business twice as profitable with 80/20 focus.
- 80% of your productivity comes from 20% of what you do.
- Create an irresistible product that’s a joy to use by simplifying.
- Carve out the niche where you are undeniably number 1.
- If you’re not number 1 in any area, there’s no reason to be selling.
- You must have a purpose.
- Build an impenetrable moat around your business.
- The moat is more important than the castle.
- The moat gives you the time and space to think and do what you want.
- Sit down with a notebook and a pen and go!
- Start writing whatever comes.
- Don’t think. Don’t edit. Just write.
Perry Marshall’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has lead to success in your life? Perry asks himself what he’s not going to do and what he’s going to delegate. If this doesn’t energize me, I shouldn’t be doing it.
- What’s the simple positive action that you take each day to move forward to achieve your goals? His mentor told them that every morning he needs to greet his kids by saying hello to them and making eye contact. It helps them feel grounded.
- What’s your biggest life lesson and what have you learned from it? He joined a company without reflecting on it when he was young. He thought to himself, “You know, Perry? Before you did this, you didn’t pray about it.” You have to check with the inner wisdom.
Check out Perry’s website at perrymarshall.com!
Perry’s book: Detox, Declutter, Dominate: How to Excel by Elimination
Connect with Perry:
Gary’s new book is available! You can purchase it at CultivatePositiveCulture.com