CULTIVATE POSITIVE CULTURE
Order it here:
For more than 35 years Jake Jacobs has worked in 61 industries, from high tech to manufacturing to hospitality to entertainment to financial services. Jake has consulted 96 organizations, from Fortune 50 to national non-profits and community theaters. He’s supported more than 210,000 people directly on important changes to their business. What kinds of changes? Everything from strategy implementation to culture change to mergers and acquisitions and leadership development.
Jake has partnered with CEOs, front-line workers and changemakers in middle management in organizations like Ford, Kraft and Marriott. He’s also helped create change in the City of New York, U.K.’s National Health Service and the United States Army and Navy.
Clients call Jake when they need faster, easier, better results.
He has recently published Leverage Change: 8 Ways to Achieve Faster, Easier, Better Results — an approach you can apply to individuals, teams and organizations. It works equally well if you already have a change approach with which you’re working or you’re looking for a new one to deploy. Are you part of the way through your change work or just starting? In every case, Jacobs’s 8 levers can help you get there faster, easier and better than you believed possible.
- While working on case studied, Jake realized that he had to be on the front lines working with people.
- Jake talks about what not to change.
- We over focus on doing things differently which raises people’s anxiety and apprehension.
- You need to pay more attention to continuity.
- What have you done well in the past?
- When you know what you do well, you have firm ground to step off of.
- There must be a balance between change and continuity.
- A flawed paradigm gets in the way of speedy change.
- Think and act as if the future were now.
- Create a common data base in your organization.
- Do you have a secret that someone else needs to know?
- Will it help them do their job more effectively?
Jake Jacobs’ Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has lead to success in your life? Jake reads, listens to podcasts, and watches videos to help him learn and stay curious.
- What’s the simple positive action that you take each day to move forward to achieve your goals? He links the work he does to his vision and ties everything in his day back to his purpose.
- What’s your biggest life lesson and what have you learned from it? His dad told him, “I don’t understand why you want to do what you want to do, and I believe you know what’s best for you.”
Connect with Jake:
Gary’s new book is available! You can purchase it at CultivatePositiveCulture.com