CULTIVATE POSITIVE CULTURE
Order it here:
Dr. Angela Demaree is the CEO and Principal Consultant for PAWS Consulting, a public health and political consulting firm. Angela recently retired as a Major in the United States Army Reserves, is a Certified High Performance Coach, author of “Candidate Survival Guide, Leadership for the Campaign Trail,” and host of the hit podcast, Beyond the Stethoscope. She spends her free time with her horse, Tommy and teaching her Quaker Parrot the Purdue Fight Song. You can connect with Angela on Instagram and LinkedIn @DemareeDVM.
- Sometimes we need a perspective shift.
- Ask yourself, “What am I capable of?”
- Angela stopped pursuing goals just to prove to others that she was good enough, and asked herself what she wanted to do.
- Maintaining your wel being while practicing high performance is hard.
- Society tells us that the most important thing is what we’re achieving.
- We need to ask ourselves if we’re enjoying the day to day.
- Angela wanted to improve her constituents’ ability to be heard.
- Work smarter, not harder.
- How can I get 10x results?
- In order to be a good leader, you first have to lead yourself.
- Give yourself the space and permission.
- Whenever you’re stuck, ask who can you empower to help you more fully.
- The key areas of life are health, finances, relationships, and career/mission.
- Is there one action that you’ve been avoiding taking that if you took it, the action would free up everything else in your life?
- Embrace that struggle because it may be the thing that helps you make a better decision for a better outcome.
- Having the clarity on what you want from life is essential.
- Pre-define what success means to you.
- Angela did not win her Congressional race, but she accomplished her goal of giving her constituents greater access to their Congress member.
Angela Demaree’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has lead to success in your life? Every morning Angela asks herself, “What can I learn today, and how can I serve today?” Every night Angela asks herself “What did I learn today, and how did I serve today?” If she doesn’t achieve what she wants she asks, “How can I do better tomorrow?”
- What’s the simple positive action that you take each day to move forward to achieve your goals? Opportunities rarely come at opportune times, so Angela has made a 5-minute decision making model when something comes up. She asks:
- Does it help me get closer to my dreams?
- Does it align with my values?
- Is this an opportunity I should take?
- Should I take this opportunity now or later?
- Can I take this now or do I have other commitments to attend to first?
- What’s your biggest life lesson and what have you learned from it? You’re never truly starting all over again. Whatever you dream is, go for it. Never think that it’s not possible.
Connect with Angela:
Angela’s gift is a free strategy session at pawsconsulting.com/podcast
Check out the 5-Minute Decision Model at pawsconsulting.com/5mindecision
Gary’s new book is available! You can purchase it at CultivatePositiveCulture.com