CULTIVATE POSITIVE CULTURE
Order it here:
Peter Docker, co-author of Find Your Why and formerly a founding Igniter at Simon Sinek Inc., is passionate about enabling people to unlock their natural talents. He believes leadership is about lifting people up and giving them the space they need so that, when the time is right, they can take the lead.
Drawing on his 25-year career in the Royal Air Force, and over 14 years spent partnering with businesses around the world, Peter’s goal is to inspire others to Lead from the Jumpseat.
- Peter has been a negotiator and a teacher.
- Learn what brings us together as human beings.
- A position is against something. It has to be.
- A stand is for something. Standing for something is more powerful than a position against.
- One of the toughest leadership challenges is being a parent.
- What’s my underlying commitment?
- Context gives meaning to content.
- If you shift the context, it brings a new meaning.
- Get clear on what you believe.
- What’s really important to you?
- When you can go deeper you can help others join in with you if they believe in it too.
- When dealing with the unknown, they will be willing to stand up and help you figure it out.
- You can try to make people accountable for things, but only they can choose to take responsibility.
- They have to choose because they want to.
- If team members feel like they belong, they feel they can step up and take responsibility.
- Humble confidence is about love, not fear.
- Everything we do is driven by fear or love.
- Fear brings ego.
- When driven by love, we listen and think about others.
- Leading from a place of love encourages others to step up and help.
- Many people see not knowing the answer as a kind of threat.
- It’s okay not to know.
Peter Docker’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? Peter approaches things by always pushing himself and trying new things. He has a willingness to give it a go and learn.
- What’s the simple positive action that you take each day to move forward to achieve your goals? He seeks out opportunities to show that he cares.
- What’s your biggest life lesson and what have you learned from it? Peter says that he has learned that mutual respect is so important and that there is value in allowing things to happen.
Connect with Peter:
Peter’s websites leadingfromthejumpseat.com
Find Peter’s book HERE!
Gary’s new book is available! You can purchase it at CultivatePositiveCulture.com