Dr. Ian D. Brooks, the CEO and founder of Rhodes Smith Consulting – a Personal and Professional Development firm specializing In behavioral transformations – and the Author of Intention: Building Capabilities to Transform Your Story. For over 24yrs, Dr. Brooks’ career has taken him from working in a clinical ward to organizations and people – with the goal of helping individuals build skills toward achieving new heights. His clients include Netflix, Shondaland, Bank of America, Guitar Center, Nike Inc. Sony, and Warner Brothers. His passion for working with individuals seeking expansion and leaders within organizations to develop key skills toward navigating their organization and working with their teams is built on the mastery of intentions and consistency of capabilities.
- Dr. Brooks works with leaders seeking the pursuit of expansion.
- He helps people step into the limelight.
- Look inward and ask yourself what you’re passionate about and what you’ve been good at.
- Write a letter to your future self about who you’ve become and what you’ve achieved.
- This is a benchmark and comparison point.
- We make between 2,000 and 10,000 decisions each day.
- We have to work with intention.
- It’s about purpose. It’s about thoughtfulness.
- It is necessary to build the capability to acknowledge what we’re actually discovering.
- ‘The principle of You’ asks which characters in your story are you enabling and which do you need to change.
- What is my now plan? What am I willing to do?
- Build your plan.
- Bringing the best of ourselves is sometimes knowing when to step back.
- We’re not going to change all at once.
- Attunement is about making sure that we have time to go back and to check and adjust.
- If we aren’t learning, we’ll stay in the same place.
- You’re going to have to let some things go in order to grow.
- Let it go not because it’s bad but because it’s outlived its purpose.
- You have to trust yourself because there will be situations where no one else will be able to pull you through.
- It might not be easy, but you can do it.
- “He who does not lay his foundation beforehand may do so with great ability afterward but with great trouble to the architect and danger to the building.” – Niccolo Machiavelli
Dr. Ian Brooks’ Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? Dr. Brooks is very purposeful.
- What’s the simple positive action that you take each day to move forward to achieve your goals? He invests time in himself. He pauses, processes, and reflects.
- What’s your biggest life lesson and what have you learned from it? Dr. Brooks always has a plan and has a good plan, but his path is his path.
Connect with Ian:
Ian’s website rhodessmith.com
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/