Brian Roland is a social entrepreneur and Founder of Abenity, the 6x Inc. 5000 company that’s powering corporate perks for top brands like U.S. Bank and Mastercard.
While Abenity provides millions of subscribers with private discounts, the company’s social mission is fighting extreme poverty with every program they deliver.
Abenity recently exceeded $1 million dollars of total giving and hired a CEO to accelerate growth with their fully remote team.
Brian lives in Scottsdale, Arizona with his family and enjoys roasting coffee, flying drones, and helping impact-driven entrepreneurs establish a social mission of their own.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or listen here:
- Be okay with taking a leap of faith.
- Entrepreneurs look for a blocker and then find a way around it.
- The more niche it is, the slower the ramp up period.
- Your why should be outside your company, brand, and products and services.
- There is no place to put identity in those categories.
- They will eat you down.
- Brian build a fully remote team and found that it needed a foundation of trust and respect.
- Roles must be clearly defined.
- Brian was looking for people to join his team that already knew them and what they stood for.
- Shared purpose aligns the culture to create community.
- Text IMPACT and/or RULES to (615) 802-6853 to access free resources from Brian.
- Brian is concerned that the bridge to remote work is retracting.
- There must be a cultural plan and purpose for remote work to continue to work.
- If you’re successful, your baby is going to grow up and leave you.
- Brian thinks that people should work with the lens of high impact, low effort.
- Develop to the 90% point because things will gain traction and take off.
- Abandon the 91% – 100% range when developing something because it often wastes time and effort.
Brian Roland’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? Brian makes his coffee with a slow pour over method which cuts down his coffee consumption and also gives him a rhythm and intentionality in the morning.
- What’s the simple positive action that you take each day to move forward to achieve your goals? Brian used to be very sarcastic, but now he states his sarcastic statements in an opposite way which is still funny but builds people up and shifts the perspective.
- What’s your biggest life lesson and what have you learned from it? Just show up.
Connect with Brian:
Brian’s website BrianRoland.com
Sign Up for Abenity! Use the code CHARGE150 to get your discount.
Get Brian’s Impact Plan by texting IMPACT to (615) 802-6853
Get Brian’s Rules of Engagement for a Remote Team by texting RULES to (615) 802-6853
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/