Jennifer Shaheen is the founder and President of The Technology Therapy Group. She is recognized as an expert in planning, implementing, and translating digital marketing and technology. She is a digital transformation expert, user experience enthusiast and data insights specialist, expertly guiding business owners through the intersection of marketing and technology for the past 20 plus years.
With unique expertise that combines technical prowess, entrepreneurial insight, and marketing acumen, Jennifer’s marketing strategy, brand development, and small business operations skills have aided companies in the retail, manufacturing, hospitality, luxury, and travel industries.
A highly sought presenter, Jennifer has appeared on MSNBC’s Your Business and writes for several industry publications. Jennifer has been a contributor to and quoted expert in notable publications such as Entrepreneur.com, Forbes.com, CIO, Newsweek, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal.
In June of 2020, Jennifer joined the board of C. F. Martin & Co.®
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or listen here:
Introducing Jennifer Shaheen
- What problem do you solve?
- I solve the problem of understanding where to start and what to use when it comes to digital technology.
- What three questions are you going to answer for us today?
- What platforms should we be or should not be using in digital marketing?
- What are some tips for each of the marketing channels?
- Where does data play into things when it comes to marketing?
- People are trying to do everything, but we can’t do everything.
- We don’t have enough people and resources.
- Business owners want to do more than they’re doing.
- What channels are working for my business and what aren’t and why?
- You don’t have to be on everything.
- You should create an account on everything and protect the platforms, though.
- If someone asks about you on one platform, you can redirect them to another.
- There’s nothing wrong with setting up a platform and not using it.
- What platforms are growing for your audience?
- What is the path for your business?
- Social platforms are great for discovery and search platforms are great for seeking.
- Know how to nurture both types of clients.
- People don’t go from discovery to purchase. There is not a straight path unless there is a sense of urgency.
- Ask yourself, “I have this kind of business, what are the steps in consideration to purchase?”
- Build that into your marketing.
- Do you look at all your analytical data together?
- Don’t look at your data in silos. If you look at it together, you can better understand your customer.
- Use Google’s data studio.
- Bring your data from many platforms into a central system.
- Organic marketing takes time because you’re dealing with algorithms.
- Organic doesn’t give you insights the same way because Google doesn’t share with you what key words people use to find you.
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Spend a little money on digital advertising because it’ll give you data insights you won’t get organically.
- Reflection is extremely important.
- What’s working for you?
- Set a goal for moving one of them (not all) forward a certain percentage.
Jennifer Shaheen’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? Jennifer had to learn how to create habits because she was a little too scattered in her life.
- If you had one do-over, what would it be? Jennifer wishes she had created better systems earlier on. She has a lot in her head and she needs to systematize it and get it out.
Connect with Jennifer:
Jennifer’s website: technologytherapy.com
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/