Evan is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Recruiter.com, an on-demand recruiting platform that combines AI and video job-matching technology with the world’s largest network of small and independent recruiters.
Introducing Evan Sohn
- What problem do you solve?
- Evan helps companies of all sizes deal with the supply chain of talent that’s really affecting us post pandemic.
- What three questions are you going to answer for us today?
- Why is this time different than all other times?
- What are episodic events? What is going to go away and what will continue?
- How do businesses need to adjust to this new time?
- The U.S. has a big percentage of voluntary churn which is people who constantly changing their jobs.
- People’s work-life balance shifted because of COVID.
- People are staying home more because of childcare too.
- A compilation of factors has caused a lot of resignations to come at the same time.
- The pandemic has allowed businesses to decide if they want to focus on remote work, in-person work, or a hybrid.
- Each type attracts its own workers.
- The cost to hire one person is at least $5000.
- It’s not easy to build culture.
- How do you do it online?
- Alignment is really about not being able to shy away from core values.
- You get to decide what kind of company you want to have.
- Evan sees a shift in work from time-oriented to metric-oriented.
- Seeing people who have been at the same job for 10 years now is much different than how it seemed 10 years ago.
- Evan says we have a “job hop economy.”
Evan Sohn’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? Evan’s biggest habit is being assertive but open-minded. He is good at figuring out the next step.
- If you had one do-over, what would it be? Surround yourself with fantastic people and a partner no matter what you do.
Connect with Evan:
Evan’s website: recruiter.com
Email Evan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/