Terrance Lee, AKA The Introvert Leader, has taken on many leadership and management roles as an introvert at several Fortune 500 companies in the defense industry, with proven results. He has made it his mission to help empower other introverts to tap into their own inner leadership potential.
Introducing Terrance Lee
- What problem do you solve?
- He wants to solve the problem of people assuming that introverts are lacking something.
- What three problems do you solve?
- Can introverts be effective leaders?
- He breaks myths about introverts.
- What are some strengths that introverts have?
- People think about the loudest voices when they think about leaders, but there are things about leaders that go unnoticed.
- Leaders need to be good observers.
- Someone who doesn’t talk a lot may be practicing active listening.
- People confuse what introverted and extroverted really mean.
- It’s about stimulus.
- Introverts gain energy from being alone.
- Extroverts gain energy from being around other people.
- It’s about stimulus.
- It’s a myth that introverts are quiet.
- Terrance used to be terrified of speaking in public, but he got to where he is by being thrown into the fire.
- Sometimes a situation that seems like the worst is a great opportunity.
- Emotional intelligence is really important in leadership.
- High empathy helps teams work together.
- Terrance had trouble feeling comfortable in being his authentic self.
- He felt like he had to become someone else.
- Terrance’s book came from him thinking for so long that he couldn’t be a leader.
- He thought to himself that there must be other people who have the same struggles.
- His book is divided into 10 chapters.
- Each chapter focuses on a different leadership principle that is supported by 3 pillars.
Terrance Lee’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? Terrance is consistent and open to learning.
- If you had one do-over, what would it be? He would change his thinking that he had to change himself and would have discovered the confidence to stand up for himself sooner.
Connect with Terrance:
Terrance’s website: quietvoicefearlessleader.com
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/