Introducing Amy Anderson
Amy’s 28-year marketing career led her to branch out and open her own small consulting firm, Wild Coffee Marketing. She shares her entrepreneurial journey with other women, how she selected her business partner, tips for business branding, and marketing mistakes to avoid.
- What problem do you solve?
- Maintaining engagement and a strong culture with distributed (remote) teams.
- What three questions do you answer?
- What is your approach to managing a distributed team?
- What is your philosophy about client management?
- What role does culture play in your company and why is it important?
- Amy’s company started in 2016-2017 when people were starting to get used to working from home.
- They asked:
- How do you keep employees engaged?
- How do you create a culture of accountability?
- How to keep them motivated.
- You have to be intentional.
- You have to create systems and processes
- They asked:
- When you start to grow a company you need to think like a big company, not a small company. You have to consider things you will want in place as the company grows.
- Consider updating your processes as your company grows.
- Also, consider you may need to update them over time.
- You’ll have team members with the strength to document processes. Utilize their strengths.
- Be sure to be repetitive to help remote team members absorb the information.
- Amy’s company addresses their customers as partners to create the right culture.
- It helps them realize they are in it together.
- It helps them listen and really understand.
- They really ask their partners about their place in the marketplace to determine where they need to go.
- Creating a company culture within is important to be successful.
- There needs to be a higher purpose.
- They need to know their why. They need to know the company’s mission and values.
- Everything they do should move around this.
- They review goals and do a 90-day review. It is a discussion where they can openly talk.
- They rate their energy.
- If they are not at a 10 they try to determine why and what can change.
- Give feedback immediately. This gives an opportunity to redirect immediately.
- Do truth with compassion.
- Approaching people with compassion and kindness gets the best work.
- Employees want to know their employer cares!
- If you’re not always selling then you don’t have a business.
- Always understand your finances.
- Bring in expertise.
Amy Anderson’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? Absolute, unrelenting consistency.
- If you had one do-over, what would it be? Pricing services right and focusing on the value and having confidence going out into the market.
Connect with Amy:
Amy’s website: www.wildcoffeemarketing.com
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/
Get your Daily Dose of Positive at SimplePositiveActions.com