Introducing Paul Edwards
Paul Edwards is the Founder and CEO of The Reluctant Thought Leader – messages that matter, for people who need to read them. Authentically channeling the voice of the impact-driven speaker, coach, executive or entrepreneur in print.
He is: Husband, father, mentor to young adults, follower of the Messiah, amateur bodybuilder and author of “Influencer Networking Secrets.”
- What problem do you solve?
- Helping people understand the difference between writing something and spreading a message. You need to be very specific about how you communicate your message.
- Paul grew up being a mimic. He was also obsessed with words.
- Writing is demanded in the marketplace. When writing for someone else you need to learn how to write to sound like the other person wrote it.
- Paul works to capture his client’s voice and convey it to the world.
- A good content strategist will make the written word sound like it is coming from you. They save you time.
- To beat writer’s block, Paul suggests you realize there are breaks.
- Do an outline then take a break
- Let your mind take a break
- Write the content take a break
- Paul recommends being specific with the title of your blog so that people will know exactly what your article will be about.
- Start off with a summary telling people what you’ll be talking about.
- Point out why the article will help them.
- Tell people how. Give them some practical steps.
- Paul finds value in a mastermind because he’s always found that when he’s in a group of like-minded individuals, he gets good stuff out of the interactions.
Paul Edwards’ Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? Slowing down what most people do at breakneck speed and journaling.
- If you had one do-over, what would it be? How he interprets failure. He now interprets failures as success. It causes him less pain.
Connect with Paul:
Paul’s website: ReluctantThoughtLeader.com
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/
Get your Daily Dose of Positive at SimplePositiveActions.com