Introducing Rob Ashton
Rob Ashton is an entrepreneur and former scientist who has had a life-long fascination with how the things we read and write influence what we think and do.
He’s been researching the science behind the process of reading and writing for more than six years. His research runs the gamut of cognitive and social neuroscience, cognitive and social psychology, and behavioral and neuroeconomics.
- What problem do you solve?
- How to influence decisions by changing how you write (backed up by science).
- We write all of the time but if you don’t pay attention and realize how your writing is processed, you may have problems.
- We learn the spoken word before the written word and we learn it by osmosis. Reading and writing take work and needs to be done deliberately.
- We have less reserves for emotional control when we read. If you are emotional, it’s best to stop and not reply immediately.
- It also takes more brain power to read and write than to speak.
- Don’t trust what you think when you first read a message.
- The current emotions you are feeling over a situation can cause you to misread unrelated items.
- We overestimate how much people will understand what we are thinking.
- Rob’s best advice is to talk instead of write since speech is the best form of communication.
Rob Ashton’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? Reading. He consumes a lot of different content to absorb ideas.
- If you had one do-over, what would it be? Don’t pay too much attention to what other people think of you and do go chasing other people’s success. Be yourself and do your own thing.
Rob Ashton’s website: robashton.com
Silent Influence Course: influence.robashton.com
Connect with Rob Ashton:
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/
Get your Daily Dose of Positive at SimplePositiveActions.com