Introducing Carla Fowler
Dr. Carla Fowler is an MD, PhD and elite executive coach. For the last decade, she has been a secret weapon for scores of CEOs, entrepreneurs, and other senior leaders. Carla’s unique approach combines the latest research from performance science with timeless best practices to help top performers level up and achieve their goals.
- What problem do you solve?
- How do you think about improving your performance when the answer is no longer “I just need to work harder.”
- High performers do some things differently
- They lean on compounding. It’s the idea of doing something small consistently over time. The growth is small to begin with but then it grows exponentially.
- Performance Science
- Ideas that affect your strategy (picking the right thing to do)
- Ideas that help you execute more efficiently
- Brutal focus is important. How can you become more focused? You may need to really examine things and then stop doing some things.
- Cultivating power/influence is another important area. This is creating visibility. Use your network and resources. You could have the best product/service but you need it to be visible.
- Learn how to relish uncertainty because that is generally where opportunity lies.
- It’s easier to relish uncertainty if you can adopt a mindset of abundance.
- Have a mindset of always growing and always learning. You may need to think of opportunities as experiments. You can decide if you want to go with them based on risk and possible return.
Carla Fowler’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? She looks around to see the most challenging thing and then commits to how she is going to figure it out. Practically, she takes time to think and plan every day.
- If you had one do-over, what would it be? She overthought her possibilities in rowing and literally held on with too tight a grip and caused issues. Her lesson was to hold on to things more loosely.
Carla Fowler’s website: thaxa.com
Connect with Carla Fowler:
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/
Get your Daily Dose of Positive at SimplePositiveActions.com