Introducing Erin Diehl
Erin “Big” Diehl is a Business Improv Edutainer, Failfluencer, and Professional Zoombie. Through a series of unrelated dares, Erin created Improve It!, a unique professional development company that pushes others to laugh, learn, play, and grow. She is the proud host of The Improve It! Podcast, which helps develop leaders and teams through play, improv, and experiential learning. Among her many accolades, Erin is most proud of successfully coercing over 28,000 professionals to chicken dance.
- What problem do you solve?
- She will help you develop yourself or your team as a leader through play, laughter, improv, and experiential learning.
- Improv takes people’s shields off and opens them up. It suspends judgment and helps people listen to each other. It helps teams feel seen, heard, and valued.
- It helps us tap into our inner child and let them become more creative.
- While you can’t fix your culture in a single improv session, you can work on a single issue and it’s also the beginning of learning about others in the workplace. It helps teams connect.
- If leaders are vulnerable in a session, it will help teams connect with them more.
- Erin says Failure + Frequency = The Fundamental of Success
- You create things you never would have created when you fail. Just be persistent.
- You don’t learn from winning.
- People that never fail, never try.
- It is possible to connect over Zoom. Erin has had improv workshops over Zoom.
- Use the breakout rooms.
- Make sure there is an agenda. “No agenda, no attenda.”
- People may be more likely to get involved in the chat function than they are in person.
- If you want someone engaged, call on them.
- Things leaders should change or implement in their organization
- Feedback: Not giving it but leaders receiving it. “What is one thing I can start doing and what is one thing I should stop doing as a leader?”
- Ask this same about your team “What is one thing we can start doing and what is one thing we should stop doing as a team?”
- Celebrating wins. Create a Slack Channel or Teams
- Celebrate your failures. Fail Yeah!
Erin Diehl’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? Exercise and meditation.
- If you had one do-over, what would it be? When her grandfather passed away, she removed herself because she didn’t want to be there the last few days and see him not well. She regretted that choice and then she made sure to be there for her grandmother.
Erin Diehl’s website: learntoimproveit.com
Erin’s offer — Free download Hybrid-Hype
Erin’s Podcast: learntoimproveit.com/podcast
Connect with Erin Diehl:
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/
Get your Daily Dose of Positive at SimplePositiveActions.com