Creating A Championship Team
Check Out Gary’s Full Focus Course HERE
Mark is a 30-year veteran NFL broadcast journalist, calling games for the Dallas Cowboys and Houston Oilers and working in the front office of the original Dallas Cowboys.
What problem do you solve? The biggest problem employers have is turnover. Mark helps employers understand that the better you treat your team, the longer they’ll hang around.
- Mark worked in the front office of the original Dallas cowboys. He learned a lot from the head of the front office, Tex Schramm. He made sure things were done properly off the field. He had 3 rules
- Hire the best people you can find. Don’t hire cheap.
- Train them your way. (Make sure they know how your organization does things)
- Then get out of their way and let them do the job you hired them to do.
- The front office had the job of keeping everything planned and running smoothly.
- One of the mottos was ‘Do your job.’ Which means do your job completely and well and don’t interfere in someone else’s job.
- Tex always said ‘Nobody ever does their best work in a climate of fear.’ He told them it was okay to tell him you did not have the answer but then the expectation was that you would bring him the answer in 30 minutes.
- The better you treat people. The better they are going to work and the better it will be for your company.
- People are people and the better you treat them the better they’ll be for you.
- MBWA – Management By Walking Around. This is the way you can meet your staff and get to know them.
- Take care of the little things and the big things take care of themselves.
- Make your employees feel special.
- It’s not about you, it’s about the team.
Mark Oristano’s Best Small Business Tip: First, Don’t take yourself too seriously. Also, the smartest thing he had ever heard is that a happy environment at work is important because no one works well in a climate of fear.
Connect with Mark:
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/the-mastermind-solution