The Danger Of Being Seduced By Your Business
Doctor Marisa Lee Naismith has had a highly successful career within the performing arts industry as an award-winning vocalist, voice teacher, researcher, author, music industry mentor and hosts her own popular podcast A Voice and Beyond. A few years ago, she found herself in a love triangle as her husband of thirty years was slowly being seduced by his business and she had to navigate the road to redemption beyond this love triangle.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google, Spotify, or listen here:
What problem do you solve? Solving the problem of how to successfully manage your relationship with your business so that your personal relationship isn’t damaged
- You need to watch for signs that your business is seducing you.
- Initially, there begins to be a breakdown in communication.
- Conversations start to become one-sided and distant.
- Mood swings may cause fights.
- Also, changes in personality or priorities may happen.
- The business may start to give you a sense of power and elevated value. It then gives the business owner the feeling that they are above their spouse.
- The business owner becomes distant and spending more time away.
- They may start to miss family events.
- A lack of intimacies happens.
- The business owner begins gaslighting.
- Finally betrayals begin.
- Secrets begin.
- Financial decisions happen without communication.
- A business “affair” is hard because the spouse feels there is no way to win.
- The spouse questions themselves and they feel isolated.
- Marisa started to get help for herself and empower herself. She established boundaries and stepped away from being treated poorly.
- You need to determine if you still want to redeem your relationship and you have to decide what your boundaries are.
- The business owner may need therapy to help determine their priorities.
- It may help you determine if your self worth is coming from the wrong place and it can help with regulating emotions.
- It can help bring your communication with your spouse back to where it needs to be.
- Start dating again so that you can have fun together again.
- A five-minute timeout is helpful to help reset.
- It’s important to communication goals.
Marisa Lee Naismith’s Best Small Business Tip:
Always try to maintain balance between your work and personal life to maintain long, healthy and sustainable personal relationships.
Connect with Marisa Lee Naismith:
Find Marisa Lee Naismith’s 4 Self Lessons at drmarisaleenaismith.com/small-business-answer-man
Find the Spouse’s Survey HERE
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/the-mastermind-solution