Marketing Tactics to Acquire and Retain Clients
Kurt Uhlir is known for being at the front lines for creating several of the marketing channels we all use today, including social media management, influencer marketing, and location-based marketing. In addition to his experience building and/or operating dozens of companies, he has advised hundreds more. The unique experience of being inside hundreds of high-growth companies with the opportunity to analyze, scale, make changes of leadership, and advisement has labeled him “the king of scaling businesses”.
What problem do you solve?
Kurt will help us think about how to scale operations specifically around marketing and sales.
- Batching, scheduling and automation of marketing is crucial.
- Keep engaged with past customers.
- Start the conversation with your potential customers before they are ready to buy.
- Send follow-up messages to your customers. If you think about all the messages at once and what the best timing is, you will have better content.
- Marketing thrives more on influence than authority. It comes from offering your expertise.
- You must understand your client. You don’t have to agree with them but you do need to understand why they are thinking what they are thinking.
- Most companies should be spending more than they are on marketing. However, they should spend it wisely.
- Kurt’s recommendation for most businesses is to spend 2 to 10 percent but to be sure to put “Profit First”. If you abandon your Profit First mentality you endanger your business.
- Be sure to review where you have recurring spending.
Kurt Uhlir’s Best Small Business Tip:
Small business owners should look at netweaving. This is looking at what you can do for others to benefit them.
Connect with Kurt Uhlir:
Clarity Navigator Discovery Session – Sign Up HERE
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/the-mastermind-solution