The Unicorn Approach To Business
Book a Mastermind Discovery Call With Gary HERE
William Vanderbloemen is the CEO and Founder of the top executive search firm Vanderbloemen Search Group and author of Be the Unicorn: 12 Data-Driven Habits that Separate the Best Leaders from the Rest (HarperCollins Leadership, November 14, 2023).
William Vanderbloemen is known for his expertise in executive search and leadership consulting, he has authored books and spoken at conferences on topics related to leadership, team building, and organizational culture. He is widely recognized for his insights into leadership and organizational development.
What business problem do you solve?
In this episode, William Vanderbloemen provides insights into the challenge of standing out in today’s crowded business world and amidst the constant social buzz.
Small Business Answer Man Show Notes:
He talks about the key concepts and traits highlighted in his book, “Be the Unicorn: 12 Data-Driven Habits that Separate the Best Leaders from the Rest.” These include:
- The book introduces twelve practical and rarely practiced behavioral habits that set individuals apart.
- William Vanderbloemen emphasizes the importance of responsiveness in customer engagement and how it can impact businesses positively.
- He further talks about sales strategies and discusses the critical role of response time in maintaining and enhancing customer communication.
- He talks about the skill of asking more questions than providing answers and highlights its role in building strong connections.
- He shares his insights regarding the significance of self-awareness during job interviews, enabling candidates to stand out.
- At the end of the podcast, William talks about a tool for self-assessment that allows individuals and teams to measure themselves against others, providing valuable insights into their strengths and areas for improvement.
- William’s advice for hiring managers is to focus on the question “What am I hiring for?”
William Vanderbloemen’s Best Small Business Tip:
As a business owner, focusing on simplicity and the significance of delivering on promises is essential. Moreover, spending time on self-awareness will always come in use in the professional world.
About the Book:
“Be the Unicorn: 12 Data-Driven Habits that Separate the Best Leaders from the Rest.” is recommended for graduates entering a volatile job market and appeals to Gen Z, as well as anyone preparing for interviews and facing career challenges. The book offers practical insights that can significantly impact one’s professional life.
Please visit https://www.vanderbloemen.com/be-the-unicorn for helpful resources and the first free chapter of the book.
Connect with William Vanderbloemen:
Clarity Navigator Discovery Session – Sign Up HERE
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/the-mastermind-solution