Navigating Business Success with Numbers
Book a Mastermind Discovery call With Gary HERE
Danielle Hayden is a reformed corporate CFO (chief financial officer) who is on a mission to help rule-breaking female entrepreneurs understand their numbers so they can gain the confidence needed to create sustainable profits. After spending 10+ years in the boardroom as a corporate finance officer, Danielle is now in her sweet spot as the CEO of Kickstart Accounting, Inc. where she helps business owners with bookkeeping, financial analysis, and education. She is the author of the Profit Planner book series. When Danielle isn’t in her money mindset you can find her hiking or spending time with her family.
What business problem do you solve?
In this episode, Danielle Hayden, the CEO of Kickstart Accounting Inc. With a mission to help entrepreneurs understand the importance of numbers for sustainable profits.
Small Business Answer Man Show Notes:
- The number one tip Danielle shared was about the significance of using numbers to manage a business throughout the year. She emphasized the importance of maintaining proper bookkeeping from day one.
- Danielle stresses the importance of regularly reviewing financial statements, including the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement, preferably monthly.
- She shares the top three numbers that every business owner needs to know: Gross Profit, Net Income or Loss, and Monthly Cash Output.
- She talks about the money mindset and discusses the impact of personal money stories and categorizes different types like free spender, keeper, balance seeker, and perfectionist.
- She shares some tools and strategies for changing one’s money mindset including applying gratitude lists to financials, taking clarity breaks, and using financial dashboards for a high-level overview.
- She says simplifying financials for CEOs involves focusing on high-level information, utilizing financial dashboards, and snapshots to avoid overwhelm.
- The concept of Atomic Habits and the power of making manageable adjustments by changing one thing by 1% at a time is discussed.
- Business owners are reminded to be leaders and visionaries rather than attempting to do everything themselves.
Danielle Hayden’s Best Small Business Tip:
As a small business owner, you should not wait to find help, instead, you should avoid the superhero syndrome and ask for assistance to prevent burnout.
Connect with Danielle Hayden:
Danielle’s podcast: Entrepreneur Money Stories
Clarity Navigator Discovery Session – Sign Up HERE
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/the-mastermind-solution