“Legacy is when we go to those we love and you share with them habits that will allow them to make good decisions.” -Tom Ziglar
As CEO of Ziglar, Inc., Tom Ziglar shares not only a last name with his father, Zig Ziglar, but he also carries on his philosophy. The philosophy that you can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.
Prior to being named CEO, Tom began his career in retail and direct sales. He joined the Zig Ziglar Corporation in 1987, learning every aspect of the business as he climbed from working in the warehouse, to sales, to seminar promotion, to sales management and then on to leadership.
With the Ziglar name, Tom has had a lot to live up to. But rather than try to fill his fathers shoes, Tom has created some of his own! He is boldly taking Ziglar, Inc., into the world of social communities, Twitter, blogs, and live video webcasts to present the tried and true message of hope, integrity and positive thinking to a whole new audience. He keeps Ziglar, Inc. ahead of the times with his innovative leadership.
Tom enjoys golf (when time permits) and working out with his dad several times a week. He resides in Plano, Texas with his wife of 22 years, Chachis. They are the proud parents of one daughter Alexandra, and the whole family is owned by one goofy dog named Max. Tom shares his Ziglar writing flair in his core messages and beliefs about business, family, success and the keys to a fulfilling life the Pure and Simple way in his blog at www.tomziglar.com, as well as in live appearances.
- “You can have everything in life you want if you will just help other people get what they want.” Zig Ziglar
- Tom has taken Ziglar Inc. into different social media platforms.
- His Father passed away 5 years ago.
- Zig wrote 36 books and impacted 250 million people.
- Anytime he talks to people, he feels like he has family in the room.
- “You are what you are and where you are because of what has gone into your mind. You can change what you are and where you are by changing what goes into your mind.” Zig Ziglar
- To have success, you have to mentally and physically work toward your goal.
- If you have someone with character, you can teach them the skills needed. If you have someone with skills but no character, it will just be a matter of time before all collapses.
- New book coming out called Trinity of Transformation (Hot-air balloon analogy)
- Basket represents desire
- Balloon represents hope
- Burner represents grit (Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance)
- Legacy: When you teach and transfer the habits that will allow somebody; through wisdom, character and integrity; to make good decisions that will ripple through eternity.
- Legacy is when we go to those we love and you share with them habits that will allow them to make good decisions.
- “Inheritance is what you leave for someone. Legacy is what you leave in someone.” Mark Batterson
- “The fastest way to success is to replace bad habits with good habits.”
- Zombies (disengaged employees) are an epidemic sweeping the world.
- They are disengaged because they don’t have dreams.
- They need a leader that truly cares.
Tom Ziglar’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life. Perfect start: He fills his mind with what he wants to focus on and then plans the day.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? Mental Stimulation (Learn something and then share with others)
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life. Dad (Zig Ziglar), Rabbi Daniel Lapin, Bob Beaudine (Books: 2 Chairs: The Secret That Changes Everything and The Power of Who: You Already Know Everyone You Need to Know), and Dave Ramsey
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? Bob Beaudine (2 Chairs: The Secret That Changes Everything ) Start with two chairs one for you and one for God. Ask three questions.
- Recommend a book and share why you love it. Business secrets from the Bible by Rabbi Daniel Lapin
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world. “To have a vibrant relationship with God and to be a conduit for his glory”; “Mission is the definition of legacy”; “What you feed your mind determines your appetite”
Contact him at: