Seeing the need for personal development at the individual level, Eric Currie started a grassroots effort to bring the power of StrengthsFinder and strengths related programs to multiple divisions within the financial services firm Edward Jones. To date, hundreds of people have benefited from Eric’s coaching and training over the last three years. Eric continues to find ways to leverage a person’s individual strengths and uniqueness for the betterment of the individual, team and firm.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or listen here:
- Taking action is the key to making anything successful.
- Eric practices a morning routine everyday to help him be successful.
- Embrace the idea of positivity.
- Simple nuggets help us stay positive.
- If you can celebrate your wins, big or small, you can see the progress you’re making.
- It’s all about progress. Take baby steps.
- It’s powerful to know your strengths then embrace them.
- Figure out what’s working and what’s not working.
- Eric had confidence from trying to do things differently. He knew his past actions weren’t working.
- Have a sounding board. A coach can tell you things that you can’t see.
- All the answers are within the individual, but it’s important to ask questions so that they can think differently and then come up with answers on their own.
- Coaching is about drawing out the potential in people.
- The quote that has changed Eric’s life is:
- “Becoming comfortable in the uncomfortable and the unknown.”
- Get outside of your comfort zone because it’ll help you grow.
- Eric says that criticism really limited him from being himself.
- It took away his voice because he was too afraid to be who he actually was.
- He has learned to be more who he is and it has helped him be more engaged and confident.
- Eric wishes that every person would embrace their uniqueness each and everyday.
- Use it to go where you want to go.
Eric Currie’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Mindset and focusing your thoughts is so important.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He always tries to understand, and he remembers that it’s progress, not perfection. He adds laughter to life everyday.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His connection to himself through learning about and leveraging his strengths has made a big impact in his life.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “There is no such thing as motivation. There is only action.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? The Five Second Rule by Mel Robbins
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He wants people to feel like he really listened to them.
Order your copy of Positive Culture Wins HERE!