20+ years ago Madena Parsley started sponsoring children in Peru to show her kids, who were born into a very comfortable middle class home, that there are children who are less fortunate in different parts of the world who deserve a chance to Thrive. 15+ years later that sponsorship ended as those kids reached the age of 16, the age they graduate high school in Peru. In those 15+ years Madena had become part of the family of her sponsored kids, even named Godparent at her Quinceanera. When Madena got news of the cancellation of the sponsorship, she knew that she had to continue her support in some way. After all, age 16 is when you need the most support! After looking for another charity to fill the gap she realized there weren’t any that focused on teens/young adults in the area, so Madena started her own to fill the gap, in 2011 Casa Sana was born.
- Madena’s number one habit is being okay with thinking of things outside the box and then doing those things.
- Casa Sana focuses on getting teenagers in Peru out of the poverty cycle and out of survival mode.
- The mantra is: Engage, Empower, and Educate.
- Madena’s never been afraid to step outside of the box and do what was needed when it was needed.
- Community service has shown the kids at Casa Sana how they can impact their community.
- Casa Sana and the Thrive Peru experience both help children understand that we’re all the same.
- Casa Sana helps prepare teenagers for their future and for higher education.
- Madena also started the Thrive Peru experience which is a 3 day and 3 night immersion into Peruvian culture through contribution and connection.
- It’s all about empowering other people then seeing what happens from there.
- It’s the ripple effect.
Madena Parsley’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Mindset really makes her strive to do more than everyone else.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? She thinks about Casa Sana.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? Her connection with Peru has shown her many things she would have never known otherwise.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? Just do it.
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? Casa Sana and what she’s doing there is her legacy. She wants to create a model for others and for them to create their own organizations. She wants to expand.
Order your copy of Positive Culture Wins HERE!