CULTIVATE POSITIVE CULTURE
Order it here:
Anne Rulo is an author, speaker, licensed marriage and family therapist, and licensed professional counselor. She is the author of two Bible studies, Cultivating Joy and The God Blanket. Anne lives in northwest Missouri with her two children and husband Tim who is a teacher and head football coach.
- Anne’s biggest habit is keeping her nose to the grindstone and working hard.
- She leaves her hands open for God.
- Anne’s job is to take care of others.
- Be authentic with what you’re encountering.
- We think it’s weak to face what causes us pain, but we need to lean into the range of our emotions.
- If you bury what you’re feeling, it’ll show up later like weeds.
- The fastest way to heal is by addressing what is going on.
- Think about it and make sense of it.
- We need to live our center of design.
- It’s like an adrenaline high when you do what you’re meant to do.
- Anne wants people to fall in love with how they’re designed.
- People notice that they have certain gifts but often focus on what they don’t have and then miss out on joy.
- Comparison is the thief of all joy.
- It takes bravery to step out into what you’re meant to do.
- It’s important to have someone who wants to see you grow.
- Have conversations with your partner.
- A lack of support may come from fear, so try taking baby steps.
- Sometimes a lot of words go around, but there isn’t much authenticity.
- What do I fear?
- What am I not saying, and why am I not saying it?
- If you charge too hard and ignore your needs and don’t take care of yourself, you won’t accomplish as much as you could.
Anne Rulo’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? She places her emphasis on effort rather than outcome.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? She likes to spend time with God and do exercise so taking walks in nature is perfect for her.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? A professor from university who told her, “Don’t sell yourself short.”
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “Be present.” Anne said this poem has influenced her greatly Slow Me Down, Lord.
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? She wants to help people be unequivocally in love with the design God gave them and to use it for good.
Check out Anne’s website at annerulo.com!! Check out her books: Cultivating Joy and The God Blanket. They are available on her website and Amazon.
Welcome PULSEHIIT Wellness Experts as our show sponsor. Check them out at PULSEHIIT.com
Gary’s new book is available! You can purchase it at CultivatePositiveCulture.com