Matthew Turner is a British author who wrote his latest book, ‘Beyond The Pale’ on the back of interviewing hundreds of successful entrepreneurs, authors, investors, and thought-leaders. As well as writing his own books, Matthew ghostwrites both articles and books for other successful entrepreneurs and thought-leaders, in-between spending time with his two children.
ATTN: Matthew has graciously shared copies of his new book, Beyond The Pale, with us. The first 5 individuals to email firstname.lastname@example.org will get a free copy mailed to you.
- Matthew always struggled with writing in school which caused him to have a fixed mindset.
- Now Matthew is a writer, and he writes every day.
- Matthew interviewed 160 entrepreneurs about failure and how they overcame it.
- This spearheaded his business and inspired his writing.
- He wrote a fable because he wanted to combine his two writing styles.
- Matthew feels that his fiction writing is his art and that he can let his imagination roam and his non-fiction writing is the way he educates others.
- Matthew knew that Beyond the Pale is a book he had to write.
- He asked successful entrepreneurs what they were reading, and they said that they read philosophies, histories, biographies, and fiction.
- People like being taught by stories and not having another 7-step process stuffed down their throats.
- How do I relate to this character?
- People think they need to work a lot, but that’s toxic.
- The real toxic nature of hustle in today’s world is being constantly connected to the online world and to others.
- It makes us always compare our worth to others’ perceived worth.
- Shut yourself off from distractions.
- It is so hard to sit and enjoy the sound of silence.
- Hustle stops us from thinking about what is really going on inside of us.
- Take a step back, reflect, and think about what success means to you.
- You may realize that you’re already there, so then you can step back and enjoy it.
- Do 5-minutes to focus on your mind, body, and spirit by doing things like reading, walking, and meditation.
- Start now.
- Matthew learned from interviewing entrepreneurs that self-sabotage is more common than we think.
- Part of us is conscious of our self-sabotage.
- Sometimes we do it because we feel we don’t deserve what we have.
- Our inner voice may tell us that this isn’t what we need.
- We may have achieved what someone else wants. Not what we wanted.
Matthew Turner’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? Matthew journals. He just sits down, sees what comes into his mind, and writes it.
- What’s the simple positive action that you take each day to move forward to achieve your goals? Walk to walk. Enjoy it and take in your surroundings.
- What’s your biggest life lesson and what have you learned from it? Define success and realize what really matters. When you do this, you work less, earn more, and live more fully.
Connect with Matthew:
Matthew’s website: beyondbook.co
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/