Ralf Specht is the author of “Building Corporate Soul”. He developed the Soul System™, a framework that powers culture and success for any business.
After two decades with McCann Erickson in various executive roles, he was a founding partner of Spark44, an innovative, industry-first joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover.
His driving vision is to make soulless companies a thing of the past.
Introducing Ralf Specht
- What problem do you solve?
- Ralf solves how to build corporate culture that drives success while also making the work place something employees and managers can equally be proud of.
- What three questions are you going to answer for us today?
- Why is Ralf’s driving vision to make soulless companies a thing of the past?
- Why do leaders talk about culture but don’t walk the talk?
- How do companies best retain key employees?
- You have the ability to instill the spirit in the company.
- What do you want it to be?
- Does corporate culture really drive success?
- The top three reasons that employees are leaving are that they:
- Don’t feel valued by their organization.
- Don’t feel valued by their manager.
- Don’t feel a sense of belonging.
- Employers say that employees are leaving because:
- They are looking for better jobs.
- Inadequate compensation.
- Health issues.
- People think that if they set their purpose then everything else will fall into place, and that’s not the case.
- You have to start with purpose. Shared purpose is the first level.
- Shared understanding is the second level and includes the vision, mission, and spirit.
- Shared behaviors is the third level.
- How are things done in this place?
- How are they done consistently so new people understand how the place works?
- Take clues from how LinkedIn works:
- Customer centricity
- Relationships matter
- Be open
- Be honest and constructive
- Demand excellence
- Take intelligent risks
- Act like an owner
- Align your team on what they’re supposed to be doing.
- Find ways to include everyone in the company.
Ralf Specht’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? Ralf’s biggest habit is believing in people and giving them the opportunity to grow. It’s an action that pays off big time for everyone.
- If you had one do-over, what would it be? Ralf would have been more clear with leaders to share his thinking. Don’t surround yourself with people who will only tell you yes. You want people who have no issue saying no.
Connect with Ralf:
Ralf’s website: buildingcorporatesoul.com
Email us at [email protected] to get info about getting Ralf’s book.
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/