Introducing Dane Espegard
Dane Espegard is a culture consultant who teaches, assists, and executes the implementation of a Culture within companies centered around Dream Achieving, emphasizing the development and personal lives of team members. Dane brings a successful people-oriented method to market in his latest book, The Dream Machine.
- What problem do you solve?
- Dane will be focusing on the topic of engagement. Connecting work life to personal life- how to engage employees outside of work and promote work/life balance
- Culture can be hard to talk about because it’s hard to quantify.
- Culture is the reason a person stays at a company.
- As leaders, we have to be very intentional.
- Dane uses a Dreams concept as the center of their culture.
- Quote: “When there’s hope in the future, there’s power in the present.”
- Dreams of the future can create a member that’s much more alive and engaged.
- Dane would rather have someone that is with him and fully engaged for 1 year, than someone who is with him for several years but is not engaged.
- Talking about dreams helps people stretch themselves more than talking about setting goals.
- Creating a list of things a team member dreams about outside of work can help them be engaged at work. They can realize their performance can help them achieve their dreams outside of work.
- “When we set goals, we set them with the mentality that they should be achievable; we like to set goals that we know are within reach. With dreams, we’re able to break away from the commitment and obligation of what we think we can do and instead can focus on what we’re EXCITED about.”
- Dane has a Dreams workshop available.
- Dane discusses how to improve your company culture:
- Identify what the true culture is right now – get feedback from your employees (current and outgoing)
- Determine what your vision for your culture is.
- Make sure your leadership team is fully bought into living the culture.
- You can impact a lot of people with your company culture.
- The Dreams model helps your team live on purpose. Living on purpose keeps them from focusing on self only.
Dane Espegard’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? A morning routine of exercising and reading.
- If you had one do-over, what would it be? The way he handled his finances early on as he got out of college. If he had a dreams list at an early age he could have had more investments.
Connect with Dane:
Dane Espegard’s website: daneespegard.com
Access Your Free Copy of Dane’s book: daneespegard.com/freegift
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/
Get your Daily Dose of Positive at SimplePositiveActions.com