Introducing Sam Feeney
Sam is the Chief Strategy Officer for Real Frequency, a career and college consulting company based in Spokane. He is also the author of Why Aren’t You Thriving?, a personal development book for men, which will be released in January of 2023. He and his family live in suburban Denver.
- What problem do you solve?
- Sam is tackling the topic of employee engagement and retention
- Employers are assuming two things when they hire an employee.
- They are thinking they are looking for a job that fits their skills
- The second thing they are thinking is that potential employees want the compensation and time off.
- Sam says potential employees are looking for something more.
- It no longer works to just increase pay to attract more employees.
- You may have to consider outsourcing some of your jobs.
- You may find that you have some of your people in the wrong position in your company and they have skills they could use in different areas.
- Things we can do to keep our best employees.
- Have your employees name why they are working.
- Let your employees know that job satisfaction is under their control.
- Find your employees’ career factors and address these with your employees. Be creative.
Sam Feeney’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has led to success in your life? Leveling up the people he hangs out with.
- If you had one do-over, what would it be? He got sidetracked from his plan. He wishes he would have had a mentor or a board of advisors to help keep him on track.
Connect with Sam:
Sam Feeney’s website: madetothrive.coach
Get Your Free Career Factors Assessment: quiz.thecareerfactors.com
Sam’s book will be out January 2023: Why Aren’t You Thriving? A Man’s Guide to Asking Tough Questions and Getting Better in 7 Core Areas
Sam’s Podcast: Made to Thrive
Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/mastermind/
Get your Daily Dose of Positive at SimplePositiveActions.com