In this episode #258 We are starting a new journey with our new name of The Small Business Answer Man. I am excited to share this journey with you because for the last 30 plus years I have had the pleasure of starting, running and operating about 13 different businesses.
We plan to interview experts to help you find solutions in what I term “The Business Owner 6 P Formula of running your business: 1. People (Human capital), 2. Productivity (Execution), 3. Promotion (Marketing), 4. Processes (Operations), 5. Pricing (Sales), 6. Profit (Financials). Our experts will help you solve these business challenges.
My top 5 book recommendations for 2022:
- #5 Rocket Fuel by Gino Wickman & Mark C Winters – In this book they talk about Visionaries and Integrators and why you need both on your team
- #4 View From the Top by Aaron Walker – Aaron shares his life lessons and how we can learn to see what we want in life by looking at the big picture.
- #3 Tax Free Wealth by Tom Wheelwright – This is a great book to create wealth and legally find ways not to pay too much in taxes.
- #2 The Sale by Alex Demczak & Jon Gordon – A great fable to help teach us an invaluable lesson about what matters most in life and work and how to achieve it. They share 4 lessons about integrity in order to create lasting success.
- #1 Holy Moments by Matthew Kelly – Holy Moments is profoundly simple, astonishingly practical, and once you discover it, your life will finally make sense.
My top 5 books of all time:
- #5 The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster by Darren Hardy
- #4 Atomic Habits by James Clear
- #3 Intentional Living by John Maxwell
- #2 Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- #1 Cultivate Positive Culture: 10 Actions to Faithful Living by Gary Wilbers (Now, you didn’t see that coming did you. I couldn’t forget a book I authored.)
The top 5 ways you can make 2023 your best year yet!
- #5 READ: As the saying goes, readers are leaders and leaders are readers.
- #4 EXERCISE: Get your heart rate up at least 4x per week. It will not only give you energy, it will provide you with creativity on what you want to accomplish.
- #3 LISTEN TO PODCASTS: What a great way to learn by gaining knowledge on your drive, while exercising, during your downtime. Especially to this podcast!
- #2 CONNECT to the relationships that matter the most to you. I plan to create my list for who I want to have lunch with. It could be in person or how about a virtual lunch via zoom.
- #1 MORNING ROUTINE: Why not take time to start your day on your terms. During this time you could read, spend time Spiritually, meditate or journal. It has been said this is the one time you can spend time on yourself. Remember if we don’t take care of ourselves, we can’t take care of others.
Gratitude is the experience of counting one’s blessings. It is the feeling that embodies the word “Thank You”. It is the unexpected reward of a kind deed that is magically produced by your brain.
A 2003 study by Emmons and McCullough found that keeping a daily gratitude journal leads to not just an increased sense of well-being but also better sleep, willingness to accept change and also help and lower symptoms of physical pain. As it turns out, gratitude could be the ultimate magic pill for happiness.
Here’s the bottom line: Write a journal every morning and every night it’s the closest thing to help you find happiness and peace in life.
Either get a journal and start to process or if you need help here is my recommendation I shared with my clients this year. It’s called “The Five Minute Journal.” You can check it out at fiveminutejournal.com
- Learn more about Gary’s Mastermind group at goascend.biz/the-mastermind-solution