Ep: 075 Jeff Cobb
Jeff Cobb helps individuals and organizations leverage the power of learning as a catalyst for positive change. He is a co-founder of Tagoras, co-host of the weekly Leading Learning podcast, and author of multiple books, including Leading the Learning Revolution: The Expert’s Guide to Capitalizing on the Exploding Lifelong Education Market. As a strategic advisor and entrepreneur with more than two decades of experience in the global market for lifelong learning he has helped hundreds of organizations in the learning business maximize the reach, revenue, and impact of their offerings. Jeff also speaks frequently on the connection between learning, innovation, and transformation for both businesses and individuals.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or listen here:
- His biggest habit is taking time to reflect.
- It’s so foundational to being an effective learner.
- Learning is so important now because of technology and how it’s changing our lives and our work.
- Change used to by physical and organizational, but change is now targeted at the mind.
- Formal traditional education can’t be the primary source of learning because it’s expensive and slow.
- To have an edge when you’re learning you should have 6 practices:
- You should be truly available for learning. We all have biases that we need to recognize.
- Be appropriately skeptical.
- Believe in your own capabilities.
- Learn to shape your own situation.
- Seek out stress. Risk and discomfort drive you.
- Practice patience.
- Learning and education aren’t the same thing.
- Make a concrete effort to be more alert to the need to learn.
- Set goals.
- 20 years down the road we should expect to see life significantly augmented by machines and artificial intelligience (think Google)
Jeff Cobb’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Mindset is the most important factor in whether and how well you will learn.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He exercises, diets, and gets quality sleep.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His wife is his biggest connection.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “We can control our attitude and how we respond.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He has written in his mission statement that he wants to live fully, well and wisely. He wants to accomplish this and help others to as well.
Order your copy of Positive Culture Wins HERE!