Nick Powills, CFE, is author of Sticks & Stones. Nick strives to share how his personal struggle with weight and being teased as a kid fuels his drive toward being a successful entrepreneur. Powills’ book, published by Inc. Magazine, and seminars help audiences learn how to turn their own struggles into strengths, helping them achieve more–on their own terms.
Nick founded No Limit Agency, a full-service communications agency in 2008 and serves as chief brand strategist for the Chicago-based firm.
Nick also founded 1851 Franchise and ESTATENVY, two content marketing publications and platforms.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or listen here:
- Nick says his number one habit is this constant Chase of what = Happiness
- You decide if you’re happy, lonely, angry, etc.
- There is power in our choices so choose happiness.
- People don’t like work in general, so find something that you like at least a little.
- Word decision is powerful.
- Nick says that is important to be careful not to burn bridges.
- Nowadays, people do not seem to think through their actions fully. Two wrongs do not make a right.
- Just do what you want now. Don’t wait for retirement.
- As an entrepreneur, you should find superstars to build your team around.
- Make sure you find positive, happy people.
- Negative individuals will bring down everyone else with them.
- Momentum isn’t sustainable.
- Ask yourself what is going to make you finish your goals and be successful?
- Give yourself permission to be in charge of decisions.
- Example: Let yourself take a quick nap if you need it!
- Listen to your surroundings.
- Up your brand by:
- Humanizing your brand.
- Connecting the silos. Make your brand campaign unified and spend money on a consistent message.
- We have to brand ourselves and have human conversations.
- Brands don’t sell brands, people do.
- It is essential to articulate why you.
Nick Powills’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? If everything starts with =Happiness, then everything below that has different relevancies.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He gives himself permissions. You don’t have to impress anyone but yourself.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His wife has been his biggest connection.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “It’s going to be okay.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? Traction by Gino Wickman
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He wants people to say that his expectations pushed them to be better people. He wants to be known as a good person.
Order your copy of Positive Culture Wins HERE!