CULTIVATE POSITIVE CULTURE LAUNCH TEAM
Join here: bit.ly/CPCLaunchTeam
Gary is involved in his community and gives his time and resources to several organizations. His passion is working with Special Olympics Missouri. He currently serves as Chair of the Special Olympics Missouri Board of Directors and also served as the Capital Campaign Chair for the Training for Life Campus fund drive which funded the building of a state-of-the-art facility for Missouri athletes. One of his greatest joys is playing unified golf with Keith Lueckenhoff, a SOMO athlete.
Gary and his wife Dana have three children, Chris, Adam and Elle, and reside in Wardsville, MO.
- Gary gives us a description of his new book and what it covers!
- Gary’s high school English teacher has helped him edit all of his books and after finishing this one she said, “Gary, this is the best book yet!”
- He wants it to be about putting actions in place.
- For each action in the book, there are multiple free resources that are provided with downloads!
- It’s about providing a story but then also a way people can execute the lessons of the story.
- I’m responsible for my future.
- We can’t live in the past. We have to be present in the moment.
- Gary wants his new book to be a book someone can come back to every year and pull resources from.
- Life is a message. Everyone has a message.
- I choose to have a positive attitude.
- It’s 10% what happens to us and 90% about how we respond to it.
- What are you doing to put the positive in your life?
- A positive work environment gets more out of people and increases profits.
- Think about where you can control your environment.
- Gary talks about his phrase, “Make it a GREAT day.”
- If we know where we’re going, we’re more likely to achieve it.
- We need to have a road map so we can say, “Which action do I need now to move forward?”
- The hardest thing for Gary to do is to “Greet every day with a forgiving spirit. I’ll forgive myself and others.”
- When you forgive, it makes other things easier.
- YOU feel bad when you hold a grudge.
- Live life by design, not default.
- Gary’s book gives you the tools to make a road map.
- Motivation doesn’t last so you have to do it daily.
Gary Wilbers’ Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? It’s everything. You are going to make things happen if you have a positive mindset.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? Gary exercises and generates his own energy.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His connection with his wife, Dana.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? Be a doer. Don’t be a talker, be a doer.
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? High Performance Habits by Brendan Burchard
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He wants to be a servant leader and to live fully energized with joy and presence so that he can inspire others to give, love, and make a difference each day.
Gary’s new book is available on October 20th. You can purchase the Kindle version HERE and get some freebies too.