CULTIVATE POSITIVE CULTURE
Buy it here:
Clint is a seasoned entrepreneur with over 30 years of experience as a project manager and leader. He is a published author, teacher and expert in team building and the art of conversation. Clint is a ForbesBooks Featured Author, ForbesSpeakers Thought Leader and frequently speaks at conferences on the subject of project management and teamwork, including the Executive Education program in the Scheller College of Business at the Georgia Institute of Technology, where he is an adjunct professor.
- Clint’s number one habit is never giving up.
- He puts as much effort as he can into whatever he does, or he doesn’t do it.
- Working in his dad’s store gave him the ability to talk to anyone.
- People are just people.
- Project management can be many things, but project success is team-centric, team-oriented, and team-built plans built in a collaborative and realistic way.
- It’s about having conversations.
- What do we think the project is?
- You need to have agreement among the team and make sure it’s what the customer wants.
- Who is going to do what task?
- Have conversations around what order to put the tasks in and how long they’ll take.
- The people side of project management is what’s so important.
- Clint’s book is for helping people with social situations and to develop better social skills.
- You need to get to know people as themselves and not as someone at work with you.
- Ask clarifying questions in conversation so you know you’re understanding each other.
- Nothing can replace the human connection.
- Nonverbal conversation cues are so much better in person.
- It’s hard to have all the cues even over a video call.
Clint Padgett’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Clint has a mindset of resilience. Never give up.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He reads a lot and has conversations with people.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His brother is his number one connection.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? The person’s title doesn’t matter, all that matters is who they are as a person.
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? The Wisdom of Teams by Jon Katzenbach and Douglas Smith and Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi and Tahl Raz
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He wants to leave the world better than he found it.
Check out Clint’s website at clintonmpadgett.com!!
Gary’s new book is available! You can purchase at CultivatePositiveCulture.com